- Entertainment and Media
Resize an image online tips to help you get the best result
Work with your images
How to successfully resize your images
Images are now extremely versatile, once you have an image there are many things that you can do to it. You can add colour, remove colour, change the shading and brightness, add other images and text, airbrush wrinkles and imperfections, really the possibilities are endless.
Once you have an image that you want to use you may want to resize it so that you can use it as an avatar, or you just want a smaller sized picture to print or to save online or on your pc. To do this you will need to resize your images, if you don't have the software to do this you can actually resize images online
An online image resizer is generally used for resizing an image or cropping an image which you may be used to when uploading a photo to create an avatar on facebook or twitter. When considering resizing your images online you should consider the following tips to make sure you get the best possible outcome.
- If you want the best possible quality pictures once they are resized, use a high quailty picture to begin with which has a high pixelation, the best will come from a megapixel camera. By using a high pixellation you will ensure that you can keep the picture quality when you resize your image
- For a higher quality image, the file will be a larger. Make sure you get the right balance between acceptable file size and quality of the image
- The same resolution as the original file will be difficult to obtain, you can take other steps to get the right image resize quality such as scaling an image so that it preserves the aspect ratio of your image.
- Choose the correct final file type carefully, a jpeg will give you a higher picture quality, png is great if you want to upload it to the web, a gif is an excellent choice if you want the image to have transparency
- Make sure you save the original file safely, it can be easy to mess up an image resize and you may want to start again so make sure you keep it safe and don't delete it straight away.
Online image resizing is an excellent way to resize images, as its designed specifically for that task, as opposed to photograph software which has multiple uses. Its a simple way to resize images and you should be able to do it quickly and effectively.