- Entertainment and Media
Ricci Martin, The Youngest Son of Dean Martin
About Ricci Martin
- Born on September 20, 1953, Ricci Martin was the youngest son of Martin family.
- Martin was used to be highly appreciated for his photography skills.
- Carl Wilson, co-founder of the Beach Boys, used one of his photographs for his album The Sunflower.
- Martin has studied and practiced Cinematography from the California Institute of the Arts.
- Later on, Martin launched his first solo album by the name "Bleached", which was produced by Carl Wilson, his close friend and Biily Hinsche. He also released a single, "Stop, Look Around".
- He also toured with The Beach Boys and became famous for his brilliant voice across the United States.
- He is also known for his work in movies such as Martin and Lewis (2002), Just Tell Me You Love Me (1978) and The Lisa Hartman Show (1976).
- When his brother Dean Paul Martin got killed in airplane crash in 1987, he joined his brother's rock band "Dino, Desi and Billy" and performed at various hotels and clubs in Las Vegas.
- He got married to Annie Rassmussen in 1992 at the age of 39. They together have three daughters.
- In the year of 1990s, he wrote a book by the name "That's Amore: A Son Remembers Dean Martin". In the book, he has shared his memories that he had with his father, Dean Martin.
- The book was originally published in 2002 and Ricci Martin became the best-selling author for the same.
- The book also talks about his lavishing 21st birthday, which was attended by celebrities such as Elizabeth Taylor, David Bowie, John Lennon and Elton John.
Ricci's tour across the world as a tribute to his father Dean Martin
- From 2003 to 2016, Ricci had been travelling across the globe and entertaining the millions of fans with his father's songs.
- The tour was a tribute to his father. He sang his father's classic hits in an amazing style. There is no doubt that the fans' response was tremendous.
- Most people acclaimed that his voice brought life to his father's songs. Moreover, he always welcomed one-on-one interaction with the audience and answered their each question.
- He also replied to questions that were related to his family with a great sense of humor. Ricci Martin was a great artist, who was worth watching as well as listening to.
- Ricci's band included world-class musicians as well as singers, Ron Robertson, Jerry Vilicich and Jimi Seville.
Ricci's father: Dean Martin
- Born on June 7, 1917, Dean Martin was considered to be the coolest star of his time.
- After struggling for a long time, Dean turned out to be a superstar with his movie At War With the Army, in which he acted with his friend Jerry Lewis. Together, they also used to run an immensely popular comedy show by the name Martin and Lewis.
- After breaking his team with Lewis, he worked in The Young Lions, Some Came Running, Ocean's 11 and earned great appreciation.
- He is also remembered for hosting one of the most successful TV series in Television history: The Dean Martin Show.
- He has acted in more than fifty movies and TV shows, and entertained the audience for more than six decades of his career life.
- He was married three times with three different women; Betty McDonald (1941-1949, 9 years), Jeanne Biegger (1949-1973, 15 years), Catherine Hawn (1973-1976, 4 years) and has eight children including Dean Paul, Deanna, Ricci, Claudia, Craig, Barbara, Gina and Sasha Martin.
- Due to his addiction to heavy smoking, he was diagnosed with lung cancer in 1993 which ultimately led to his death on December 25, 1995.
Ricci's Family Members who are still alive
Pepper, Montana and Rio Martin (with wife Annie Rassmussen)
Jeanne Martin: She has worked as an actress in the TV Show; I Love Lucy and as herself in E!True Hollywood Story, The Dean Martin Show, ESPN Sports Century and The Jack Benny Program.
Gina Martin: She is an actress who has worked in Action Family as Melissa and in his father's show, The Dean Martin Show.
- Sasha Martin: As an actress, she has worked in Private Parts and Guiding Light.
- Barbara Martin: She has worked as an actress as well as in the soundtrack and the art department. Some of her work includes The Hollywood Squares, Dean Martin Presents the Gold diggers, Vegas, Hollywood or Bust, Curio, The Ed Sullivan Show and The Joey Bishop Show.
- Deanna Martin: She is an actress and a singer as well as a film producer, known for work in Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, The Dean Martin Summer Show and Strangers at Sunrise.
Craig Martin: Craig Martin has worked as production coordinator, associate producer and production manager on A Family Thing and The Dean Martin Show.
Ricci Martin's musical group: Ricci, Desi and Billy
- The group was formed after the death of Ricci's real brother Deal Paul Martin in a jet crash in 1978. The earlier name of the group was Dino, Desi and Billy.
- The latest group members were: Ricci Martin, Desiderio Alberto Arnaz Jr. and Billy Hinsche.
- The idea to form this group came during a benefit for the late Carl Wilson, who was the singer, record producer and co-founder of the rock band The Beach Boys.
- The group officially began working from 1998 onward and performed several times in Las Vegas, at The Carl Wilson Foundation and in many movies. Their famous albums are Live in Vegas (1999) and Live from Boulder City (2001).
- Their legacy ended with the death of Ricci Martin on August 3, 2016.
Ricci Martin and Ricky Martin
- Though both of the celebrities have similar names, yet have completely different personalities.
- Ricci was known for his classic hits while Ricky is famous for his urban pop music.
- Ricci was an American while Ricky has citizenship of America as well as Spain.
- Ricci has written most of his songs in English while Ricky has his songs mostly in Spanish.
- On the other hand, both are well-known for their rock music as well as for their singing and acting abilities.