- Entertainment and Media»
Ririka Sutou member of NMB48’s Team N and Japanese idol singer
A Few Photos of Ririka Sutou
A Brief Introduction to Ririka Sutou
Ririka Sutou (also sometimes spelled Suto) is a member of the girl group NMB48 and a member of its Team N. She is also one of the group’s youngest members being only 19 years old. But who is Ririka Sutou?
Ririka Sutou Profile (part 1)
- Her birthday is November 23, 1996.
- Her city of birth is Tokyo.
- Her favorite foods are lychee and pudding.
- Her future ambition is to be a philosopher.
- She wants to attend Yokohama National University.
- She always wakes up at 5:48 AM.
- On a related note, her exam number was 48.
Ririka Sutou Interesting Facts (part 2)
- Her favorite color is white.
- Her hobbies are watching DVD’s made by AKB48, reading, and taking part in the special Japanese Tea Ceremony.
- She is skilled at studying, singing, and calligraphy.
- Her debut was made on September 22, 2013 at the 2013 AKB48 Group Draft Kaigai. This is a draft where a group of 30 girls that reached the final round were in a competition where the winners would become part of these groups as a full time member. Typically, these idol singers join these groups through an audition system.
- She has aspirations to be like Japanese singer Amina Sato.
- She likes Meru Tashima.
- She was the only member of Team N to be chosen in a draft.
- Ririka was chosen three times in the first round of the draft by Teams K2, E, and N.
- She really likes The Fist of the North Star series.
- She refers to all of her fans as Senpai.
Her Career with NMB48 So Far Has Been Very Brief
Ririka Sutou has not been ranked in either the 6th and 7th General Elections. And since she is one of the newest singers for NMB48, her appearances in singles are limited. As of this writing, she has appeared in Don’t Look Back and NMB48’s newest single at the time called Dorian (Durian) Shounen.
Ririka Sutou featured in a new song with Sayaka Yamamoto
The Importance of the Song Durian Shounen and Ririka's Role in It
The single was expected to be released on July 15, 2014. Sutou was named as the center for this single. This news was announced on June 9, 2015 as NMB48 was performing in their theater in Osaka. The video for this single was shot in Taiwan in May 2015. Ririka commented that when she was announced as the center, everything went black and she felt dizzy. In the video for the song, Sutou is seen eating a durian fruit and the members were enjoying the night market in Taiwan. Ririka Sutou is on the same team that Kei Jonishi and Sayaka Yamamoto are on. It was Yamamoto herself that was also named as center for a song. That song is the theme song for the morning drama called Asa ga Kita.
Ririka Sutou Makes a Surprise Announcement
Suto made the announcement that she would be getting married! She made this announcement on June 17, 2017 at the 9th AKB48 General Election held in Okinawa. She apologized for this because it caused controversy and a disturbance. She apologized to members of NMB48, staff members, and the fans. Her graduation date has not been set yet. This is even more of a surprise announcement given that she is just 20 years old.
The music video for the song Durian Shounen (Sutou was the center for this song)
© 2016 Ara Vahanian