Rock Music of The 2000s
Rock and Rollers
The 2000s produced some great music so far, especially in rock music and alternative rock. Below, is my choice for the best ten rock groups from 2000 until now. Please leave your favorite below or give your opinion on my list at the bottom of the page in the comment box.
1. Green Day: A grunge rock band that won several awards on MTV and multiple Grammy Awards. These hard rocking guys top two favorite songs are When September Ends and American Idiot. They have performed in arenas all over the country and they have a unique sound. This is a band I remember listening to when I was in high school. I remember one album cover that had an explosion on it.
2. Radiohead: An English band that formed in 1985. They actually did not release their debut single until 1992 it is entitled, "Creep". This song was not made popular at all, until they released their first album. I love how the music sounds. I am a big Radiohead fan but, my brother is an even bigger fan. He has been to several concerts.
3. Nickelback: This hard rockin' group from Canada, has been around for several years. If Everyone Cared, has been classified as one of the sweetest songs that they have ever written. But, don't let that song fool you because they can come right back with I'd Come For You and Rockstar. I was able to see them live in concert and the drummer was amazing. The band is a great combination. The song Photograph has to be one of my favorite songs by Nickelback. The concert was great I have listened to them for a very long time and the songs just keep getting better and better.
4. U2: This band wrote and released a very impressive two hundred forty songs. The band was formed in Dublin. Some of their most popular songs are: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, With Or Without You, One. Their sound clear and real. This is a band that traveled all over the world and were popular everywhere they went.
5. Coldplay: This is another one of my favorites who lyrics are easy to understand and make sense to me you know, the lyrics are usually something that I can relate to. I have a Coldplay CD and I absolutely love it. I have memorized all of the songs and this is a CD that I reach for often for trips. I love how their songs are down to earth and relate to every day problems that every day people have.
6. Red Hot Chili Peppers: This funky, grunge rock band based out of Los Angeles, California. By The Way, Californication, Higher Ground and Knock Me Down, are some of their top hits. These songs are ones that you just can not help but, sing and tap your foot to. The guitarist for Red Hot Chili Peppers can play every music genre on the guitar.
7. Linkin Park: An American Band from California who gained their fame with their very first album. In The End, Numb, What I've Done, New Divide and Iridicent are some of their most popular songs. This is a funk punk rock band.
8. Creed: A band based out of Florida, Creed is known to write about religious subjects and even about his upcoming fatherhood. How they combine rock with everyday life issues are pretty amazing to me. The lyrics sometimes have a hidden meaning so, I like to look at the explanation of each song. Each album that they produced went to #1 in sales.
9. 3 Doors Down: Here Without You has to be my favorite song. When I'm Gone, Here By Me, Be Somebody, Kryptonite. This band is another great Southern Band from neighboring state of Mississippi. These guys were an overnight success. They had several CD's that each had several hits.
10. Beck: This artist surprised me in the fact that he has two albums on Rolling Stone's list of 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. The song that stands out in my mind is a song that came out while I was a Junior in high school called Loser. I remember everyone singing it at school.
Birthplace of NickelBack
Great Songs by Linkin Park
Standing in the Middle
Hit The Floor
What We Don't Know
Who is The Best?
Who is Your Favorite Rock Band of the 2000's?
view quiz statistics
- Best Jazz Artists of All Time
This musical hub documents the careers of Nat King Cole, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock and John Coltrane. Video clips, photos, maps, polls and commentary are also featured in this article. Nat King Cole was a legendary Pianist and he was born in Alabam
- Best Heavy Metal Bands of All Time
This article focuses on the top Heavy Metal Bands of All Time. Metallica, White Zombie, Motley Crüe, Pantera and Ozzy Osbourne are listed in this hub. Maps, polls, pictures, you tube clips and commentary are also listed in this hub. Metallica had man
- Best Female Pop Artists of All Time
This hub documents the top female pop singers ever including Madonna, Mariah Carey, Brittany Spears and Whitney Houston. Pictures, you tube videoes, maps, polls and commentary are featured in this article as well.
- Rock Music of The 1970's
This article follows the best bands and rock singers during the 70's. Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Led ZEPLIN and John Lennon are featured in this nostalgic rock and roll hub. Polls, maps, pictures, you tube videos, a quiz and commentary are also located
- Rock Music of The 1990's
This article documents the top rock groups of the 1990's. Pearl Jam, Motley Crüe, Metallica and Guns n Roses are featured in this rock music hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this blog.
- Rock Music of The 1980's
This article is about the top rock bands of the 1980's. Motley Crüe, Kiss, Guns n Roses and Poison are documented in this nostalgic music hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are listed here as well.
Rock Music: Then and Now
Rock music has changed a lot over the last 60 years or so. One thing remains a constant and that is the guitar. Whether it's The Beatles, Led Zeplin or Motley Crüe you always no that rock music stays faithful to the sounds of the axe. Another thing that remains constant, is that we love our rock and roll music. We will continue to love it.
We owe a great deal to Elvis, The Beatles and even Buddy Holly for setting the rock and roll stage. Thank you for starting this unpredictable ride.
© 2012 Buster Johnson