Sensible Reasons Why Tarek and Christina El Moussa Divorce was his Fault
You Know by now That
Flip or Flop is a television series airing on HGTV hosted by real estate agents and real-life husband and wife Tarek and Christina El Moussa, and the original show in the Flip or Flop franchise.
The El Moussas were both real estate agents prior to the crash in 2008, and later they began flipping homes, mostly in Orange County, California. In 2011, Tarek asked a friend to help him make an audition tape for HGTV. The friend filmed an entire episode of the process of house flipping from start to finish. The audition tape was sent to HGTV, and they were interested in talking to the couple. In 2012, HGTV signed the couple to a regular weekly program that shows the process of buying distressed property and renovating it.
Christina's expertise is primarily in design, and she works with Tarek to find and renovate homes. She handles the designs of the new spaces and keeps everything on schedule. The show follows them as they buy homes, typically bank-owned, short sales or foreclosures, to renovate and resell.
The Reasons Tarek and Christina are Divorcing
are multiple. Tarek, according to Christina, was verbally abusive toward her and the children and on some occasions would humiliate her (Christina) in public over something that was not worth a mention.
On the other hand and to be fair, Tarek has held to his initial complaint about Christina saying that he (Tarek) surprised her as she was talking via text to another man who turned out to be Gary Anderson, a contractor she and Tarek hired to do remodeling work on a house they had planned on flipping. This plus the verbal retaliations by Christina made sense of why the two real estate stars of HGTV's Flip or Flop called it quits.
So now with Tarek and Christina headed for different pathways, what do I personally think about this entire matter? I should have said dilemma for to me this is what it is a dilemma. Why? I wish that I had the wisdom of King Solomon so I could answer such questions, but alas, I do not. All I know is what I have read on reliable websites and news sources about the El Moussas's "splitting the sheet."
Is Tarek and Christina's Divorce his fault?
Who am I Siding With
as the El Moussa's will now live seperate lives, but still help raise their daughter, Taylor Reese and little brother, Brayden James, as civilized adults? Well, at the risk of making people angry, if there is such a thing as taking a side, I lean toward Christina more than Tarek and I have some sensible reasons--as you will see below.
- Christina's dynamite looks counts for a lot in my opinion. And this is just my opinion. This Tarek guy did not know how blessed he was to have a wife in the person of Christina. When I was in my late teens and early twenties, girls such as Christina did not exist in the northwest corner of Alabama where I grew up. If girl like Christina had been around in my younger, single life, I promise you if I had dated her and she and I had fallen in love, I would have treated her like royalty. Tarek should have did the same thing.
- Christina's razor-sharp talent for interior design was the glue that cemented Flip or Flop together. It certainly wasn't Tarek's yakking about house deppreciation rates and other annoying details. Christina's design talents will carry her further by herself than if she had stayed with Tarek who will be lucky if HGTV even smiles at him when his contract with Flip or Flop is up for renewal.
- Tarek, I believe, wanted Flip or Flop to be all about him and not about him and Christina. You could see tension on his face in the scenes when she would talk about how they were planning on making a certain buy a lucrative flip. I do not blame Christina for wanting to be away from Tarek. Daily life does have its own stresses, but when one person manufactures more unwanted stress and for nothing, would could take such pressure?
- Christina said in one interview after her and Tarek seperated that "on one occasion, Tarek's temper was so voliatile that he drew a knife on me to scare me," and my take on that is Tarek is in desperate need of professional help with his hidden anger issues. Personally speaking I could not live in a marriage with a woman whose temper was so dangerous that I would be forced to live in fear. Could you?
- Tarek, from all of the news sources, was threatened by Christina's designing talents and charisma when it came to on camera appearances showing the inside and outside of a recently-purchased house the twosome did work great together in the beginning to make Flip or Flop a success. But as time went by and Christina grew into a more important role in this hot reality show the more Tarek's anger grew and when he could not longer conceal it, he let is out in raging, verbal abuse of Christina and crew and anyone who was near Christina.
- Let's face it. Both women and men love to watch Christina for her looks are so natural they match her easy going personality, but when it comes to Tarek, all their customers and television viewers were getting was a man with a head for statistics, financial percentage points, and property fluctuation. In their place these things are important, but not when they are put in the forefront of a successful relationship with those who keep the show on the air.
- I truly believe that Tarek was living in fear that HGTV was going to force him to "take a backseat" with his role on Flip or Flop thus allowing Christina to have more screen time to allow herself to grow into a wider horizon in the real estate design area where she was a genius.
These factors, those I know of, are reasons enough to side with Christina who is shouldering her part of the divorce from Tarek a lot better than any modern day martyr could considering the circumstances.
In conclusion, I would say with confidence that if Tarek had gotten out front of his anger and self-worth issues, he could have received needed help for the weak areas of his behavior and there would be no need for a divorce from the lovely and talented Christina.
I have thought about the following statement long and hard. If Christina, now I am throwing out a few miraculous what if's here, but if she were to call me out of the blue and ask me for money or something else that I owned to help her through the rough times that are certain to follow the divorce from Tarek, I wouldn't hesitate. I would do it immediately. Even if she called me in the middle of the night, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Now what is your opinion?
Good night, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
© 2017 Kenneth Avery