- Entertainment and Media»
Soundtrack Spotlight - Batman Arkham City: the Album
"Mercenary" by Panic! at the Disco
Batman Arkham City (2011: Xbox 360, PS3 & 2012: Wii U) was the sequel to one of the most successful superhero game in history. I have already discussed this game in an older hub, "Games I Regret Gettting Rid of," and I still regret that. The soundtrack, simply titled Batman Arkham City: The Album (2011: WaterTower Music), is a compilation of songs from bands such as Panic! at the Disco, Coheed and Cambria, and (a personal favorite and the reason I bought the album) Daughtry. Many of the songs pertain to the story, and one song even features the voice of antagonist Hugo Strange in the interlude. Here is the song list with artists and song length.
- "Mercenary"* by: Panic! at the Disco 2:41
- "Deranged" by: Coheed and Cambria 4:26
- "Creature" by: The Duke Spirit 2:32
- "Shadow on the Run" by: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club 4:48
- "Afterdark" by: Blaqk Audio 4:26
- "Oh, Stranger" by: The Raveonettes 3:19
- "The Years" by: Crosses 4:01
- "Trophy Widow" by: The Damned Things 3:45
- "Drown In You" by: Daughtry 4:22
- "Losing You" by: The Boxer Rebellion 3:34
- "Total Paranoia" by: Serj Tankian 2:56
*"Mercenary" is the song that includes the Hugo Strange monologue. It is from the part of the game where Batman stands in the alley where his parents were murdered, with the chalk lines outlining their bodies with a boquet of white daisies, a tape reel, and a single red rose.
"How does it feel to stand on the very stones that ran with your parents' blood? Do you feel sad? Full of rage? Or does that outfit help bury your feelings? Hiding your true self.. You are truly an extrodinary specimen. I look forward to breaking you."
You can find this album in any music store that sells soundtracks. I found my copy from F.Y.E. And if all else fails, Amazon surely has it! On the side are videos of my favorite songs from the album. Enjoy!