Who Would Do A Duet With Ted Nugent?
Nugent Needs To Duet With Some Heavies
Double Live Gonzo
My next study into the world of Ted Nugent deals with his performing with other showcase musicians or singers. Could you imagine if he had a twin? It would drive the Talaban insane WHILE THEY'RE in Afghanastan and the two Nuges blast their stereo assault from some remote Michigan farm.
Luckily for all ears involved, there is only one uncle Ted.
Now Ted has "duetted" with some unusual, unlikely, and other people before. The man has played with many greats and shared the stage showcasing his own wares. He used to do the battle of the guitars back in the '70's.
Let's look at some people he shared the stage or recording studio with during his career.
- Michael Quatro (on 2 Quatro albums)
- Meatloaf (on Free For All)
- Mike Pinera (Guitar Battles)
- Charlie Daniels (Jam sessions)
- Rusty Day (when they were both in the Amboy Dukes)
- Hawk Wolinski (in a band when young Ted lived in Chicago/Des Plaines)
- Rick Derringer (on stage together)
- David Letterman (on Daves show)
- Tommy Shaw (when they were both in the Damn Yankees)
- Mark Farner (on stage together at Marks concert)
And there were many more. Ted will play with anyone, but I would like to see these match-ups:
- Ted Nugent and Alice Cooper. This I have been waiting to see since I was a little tyke. Ted's guitar and Alice's vocals would blend perfectly. I'd love to see them make horror music as well, especially for halloween.
- Ted Nugent and master guitarist Jim McCarty. To hear Jim play the Stranglehold solo or Ted play a Rockets tune like Fast Thing from Detroit would be gold. If anything, whatever they play, it will be loud!
- Ted Nugent and Suzi Quatro. With Suzi singing and playing bass, it takes the Nuge History to a different level. If you've ever heard Suzi's version of Heartbreak Hotel, imagine that with Ted playing the guitar.
- Ted Nugent and Mark Lindsay. Yes! To hear Ted play Hungry, Kicks, and Baby Please Don't Go (Paul Revere and the Raiders songs) with Mark hammering out the vocals would be a dream.
- Ted Nugent and Don Brewer. It would be great to hear Ted play Don Brewer sung songs from the Grand Funk Catalog such as Walk Like a Man and We're An American Band.
- Ted Nugent and Uriah Heep. Give Mick Box a break and throw in some Nuge. Bird of Prey would be perfect.
- Ted Nugent and John Kay. Wow! Ted playing Born To Be Wild while John Kay belts it out for the millionth time. Steppenwolf, move over.
- Ted Nugent and Pat Travers. This will knock you out.
- Ted Nugent and Deep Purple. We must admit that a lot of Nugent sounds like Deep Purple. Can you imagine him doing Space Truckin with Ritchie Blackmore and the boys?
Well, those are the dreams of a strapping young lad who likes to see worlds collide, where you go to the record store and pick up a CD. On the Cd is the name Deep Purple, but a picture of Ted Nugent as he was on Tooth Fang and Claw.
We can only dream.
Nugent and Farner Performance
Nugent Guitar Duet Poll
Which Rock Group or Performer Would Be Great For Nugent To Fill In Guitar?
Motor City Mad Man and Woman
Yep, I love Ted and I hate Ted. Then again, he's Ted. I will stop listening to his music for several months then insert Tooth Fang and Claw into the CD player and say wow! they don't make this kinda stuff anymore!
So I re-read this hub and thought "Yeah a duet. But how about the ladies?" Well, I already mentioned the Queen of Rock N Roll - Suzi Quatro, but how about some of my favorite female vocalizers?
So I am going to take a stab at this.
- Ted Nugent and the gals from the B 52's -now that would be crazy! Ted would sing in Fred's place.
- Ted Nugent and the gals from Heart but Ted would only play guitar - NOT sing. I'd like to see a meld of Barracuda with Journey to the Center of the Mind
- Ted Nugent and Joan Jett doing Terminus Eldorado - it would be perfect
- Ted Nugent and Sasha Nugent singing - what else - Sasha (I'd pay for that right NOW)
- Ted Nugent and Pat Benatar doing Heartbreaker
Well, who knows. He doesn't have the greatest voice - but neither did Rory Gallagher, Pat Travers or Randy Bachman. A female voice would be a great accent if not experiment in music.
His buddy, Steve Farmer, though seems to have the kind of voice that's perfect for dueting with the ladies so maybe my next Hub I'll delve into the world of this Amboy Duke instead.
Nugent Related Hubs
- In Defense of Ted Nugent
OK we've all heard the news about Ted Nugent losing his
- Ted Nugent's Patriotism Questioned
I like Ted Nugent. He can be likened to a Johnny Weissmuller of Rock. That's Tarzan for you youngsters under 50. Like the best Tarzan of the silver screen (Johnny), he had finesse, yet a brute. Johnny W...
- The Rise and Fall of Ted Nugent or how to use your e...
Rock guitar legend Ted Nugent has been a personal study of mine for years because in comparison to other rock guitarists he is very unique and unpredictable. What Id like to do is separate the...
- Ted Nugent Has A Heart Deep Down Inside
You know, this guy Ted Nugent is hard to figure out. Following him is like following a butterfly -- you never know where he is going to land. You love him, you hate him. He does rotten things and he does...