Thandie Newton: One of Hollywood's Most Lovely Actresses
A first look at actress Thandie Newton
Who is Thandie Newton?
Anyone that has been watching movies regularly for the last decade or so should be familiar with the name Thandie Newton. This beautiful actress entered the world on November 6, 1972. She is the daughter of a Zimbabwean mother and a British father. That explains her exotic and cute looks. Thandie’s full name at birth was Thandiwe Ajdewa Newton. Her first name that she was given at birth has a very special meaning. It means beloved. This article is about one of Hollywood’s most lovely actresses and she has been one of my favorite movie stars since 2000.
A photo of Thandie Newton at 10 Downing Street in 2010
Thandie Newton: family, education and early life
Thandie was actually born in London but she lived for a period of time in Zambia until the political conditions in that country caused her to leave with her family. When she moved back to England, she lived in the city of Cornwall until she was eleven years old. She then proceeded to enroll in London’s Art Educational School because her original goal was to study modern dance. However, those aspirations were cut short because she received a back injury. This event caused her to reconsider her options and she pursued acting. In 1991, Thandie got a role in the movie called Flirting. Thandie then relocated to Los Angeles. But due to her accent, she was not receiving consideration for many film roles. She then relocated to Cambridge where she attended Cambridge University where she was a student of anthropology. She finished and got her degree. She graduated with a very high standing, receiving something called second class honors
Her husband is Oliver Parker whom Thandie married back in 1998. She currently has two daughters Nico and Ripley and a son named Booker Jombe Parker.
How did Thandie Newton become famous?
In the year 2000, you could say that Thandie got her first really major role as the beautiful thief Nyah Nordhoff Hall in Mission Impossible 2 starring with Tom Cruise and Anthony Hopkins. In that movie, Newton would star as the sexy and seductive thief who later helps special agent Ethan Hunt (Cruise) discover the spread of a very strange virus that is being used to contaminate the world. Newton was supposed to play in the movie Charlie’s Angels but there was a delay during the filming of Mission Impossible 2 that caused her to miss the scheduled filming for that movie. The role that she was supposed to get was given to actress Lucy Liu. It makes you wonder what would have happened had Thandie starred in Charlie’s Angels. It probably would have been a very interesting cast. It was also around this time that Thandie starred in what was a low budget movie called It Was an Accident. I first heard about Thandie when Mission Impossible 2 was showing in movie theaters. Immediately, she became one of my favorite actresses as I really loved her British accent.
Various photos of Thandie Newton
Why is Thandie Newton important to the movie industry?
Thandie is not only a very beautiful actress but she is extremely versatile and talented. She always shows intense passion and a great sense of humor during interviews and she is one of the most classy, cultured and dignified actresses we have today in Hollywood. She is also considered to be soft spoken. It is not enough to just be a star actress but how you conduct yourself outside of acting is equally if not more important than your acting work when you are a celebrity. When I first started writing about Thandie, I often wondered if she is the most beautiful actress to come from the UK. My feelings are that she may be the United Kingdom's most beautiful celebrity though others may disagree. Thandie has so far acted in three different decades and she still has a long career ahead of her.
Thandie Newton talks about her role in the TV mini-series The Slap
A Few Gorgeous Photos of Thandie Newton Showing Great Fashion Sense
Interesting Facts About the Lovely Thandie Newton
Just as I did in describing Cary Grant when I wrote about him, we will do the same with Thandie Newton. She is much more than just another pretty face in Hollywood. With that stated, here it goes:
- Thandie was born on the same day as the Dutch American actress Rebecca Romjin
- Thandie had an extremely fond memory when she was younger of her mother getting into traditional African Garb. Thandie says that this moment gave her a lot of pride being of African descent. She could be classified as British of African descent.
- She was raised in the city of Cornwall.
- Thandie was ranked among the sexiest women in the 2002 issue of Stuff Magazine.
- In the year 2008, Thandie made a visit to the African country of Mali. Thandie called this a “humbling experience.” While she was there she visited a village called Nampasso. That is in the place known as the Segou Region of that country.
- Between the years 2003 and 2005, Thandie starred on the US television drama series called ER.
- Thandie has played in many different kinds of roles throughout her career. In 2007, she played in the movie Norbit with Eddie Murphy. Thandie’s character in that movie was a happy and fun loving woman.
- In 2008, Thandie starred as former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice in the movie W directed by the very famous Oliver Stone. That movie covered the life of President George W. Bush played by actor Josh Brolin.
- As recently as 2009, Thandie starred in the movie 2012 when she played the role of the President of The United State’s First Daughter.