The Young and the Restless: Best and Worst Moments of the Week
A majority of my articles center on soap operas, mainly The Young and the Restless, and The Bold and the Beautiful. I give my opinion pieces on the shows and my predictions on what I see happening next. I decided to try something new by writing about the best and worst moments of the shows each week.
Without further ado, I present the best and worst moments from this week’s The Young and the Restless.
- Turnaround for Sharon – Poor Sharon has been put through the wringer the last few months, being arrested for Austin and Courtney’s murders is the latest drama in her life. But today’s episode showed there’s hope for Sharon. The testing of the tire iron proved latex was on it and Kevin figured out that the photo of her outside Austin’s apartment was fake, meaning that Sharon’s being framed. With this new information, Sharon will be exonerated and everybody will be forced to apologize to her.
- Nick and Sharon Make Peace – The exes have been at war lately, with Nick taking Faith away and Sharon under investigation for murder. The two couldn’t be in the room for more than a minute without arguing. But Sharon going to bat for Nick with the social worker showed that maybe the two could slowly make peace and become friendly for the sake of their kids.
- Fake Jack – I know many viewers aren’t a fan of the storyline, but you have to admit Fake Jack is a hoot to watch. He’s provided plenty of humor throughout the show, from driving a Ferrari to wearing a horrendous gold outfit to Billy’s wedding to his wisecracks; he’s one of the best parts of the show.
- Ashley and Victoria’s Feud – The feud between the two women has been brewing over the years and now it’s reached its peak with Victoria becoming Ashley’s new boss. With Victoria pushing her buttons, it’s only a matter of time before Ashley snaps and the two of them get into a catfight.
- Billy Humiliates Chelsea – If the writers want to destroy Billy’s character they did a good job of it at the wedding. After overhearing Chelsea confess to sleeping with Gabe, Billy decided instead of eloping he wanted a ceremony just so he could tell everyone Chelsea’s secret. This was a lowblow for Billy and I know he was hurt, but humiliating Chelsea wasn’t the way to do it.
- Adam and Sage Sleep Together – For months Adam’s been on a mission to win back his wife Chelsea, who is still unaware of his true identity. Devastated that she was marrying Billy, Adam drowned his sorrows in alcohol and Sage, who was dumped by Nick a few minutes prior to Adam showing up. One thing led to another and the two of them ended up in bed. Sage and Adam do have chemistry, and the plot twist was unexpected since they hate each other. But the reason it's going on the worst list is because I think it's headed for another who's the daddy storyline involving the Newman brothers.
- Michael and Lauren Separate – The couple was dealt a shocking blow with Michael’s cancer diagnosis and despite some problems, it looked like their marriage was stronger than ever. Yet, Michael stunned his wife when he announced that he wanted a separation. Like Lauren, viewers were shocked and left wondering if Michael had an ulterior motive in pushing his wife towards Cane.