- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
The best supernatural and insane murderers from the movies.
A room with a view!
Jason speaks from the grave!
First, how to qualify the worst!
What's a human monster you ask. Well, anyone that was once mortal and is now an evil immortal that kills what it used to be. The rest on the list are just nut jobs, but likable ones! I wanted to include the Joker but this is a horror movie list.
Here we go as they make us scream!
Smiley is new but may make the list soon!
*Dr. Hannibal Lector- Hannibal was on the list but, he had to leave...he was having a friend for dinner! He departed from the number 3 spot.
The terrible 13!
13. Mrs. Voorhees- Jason's demented, vengeful mother. She terrorized Camp Chrystal before her son did. She even "lost her head" to give him his chance in the following Friday the 13th movies.
12. The Candy Man- The first was the only good movie, but I loved the character. Tony Todd was awesome, and terrifying in this role. He was a rare serial killer, that recruited others to do more killing for him. Whatever you do, don't look in the mirror and say his name!
11. Michael Myers- Rob Zombie showed us the human side of this crazed serial killer before he became immortal. The question remains- who is harder to kill? Michael, Jason, or Freddy. This one kept many home on Halloweens to come!
10. Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde - Tony Todd played him as well. An obsessed scientist and a secret potion. What could go wrong other than...MURDER?
The best of the worst!
9.The Mummy- Imhotep, the evil ruler was played best by Boris Karloff and Arnold Vosloo.
8.Sweeney Todd- The demon barber bent on revenge ripped through movies theaters. He was best played by the one and only, Johnny Depp.
7. Jack Torrence from The Shining- Who can forget "here's Johnny" as he chopped his way into Hollywood?
6. The Phantom of the Opera- A crazed and deformed mad man who was no longer obsessed with music. Though I liked Claude Reigns, Lon Chaney is still the best!
5. Count Dracula-Bela and the rest brought this real life legend of darkness to Hollywood and our nightmares!
4.Jason Voorhees- A little boy was drowned at Camp Chrystal Lake, in New York State.Since he was different, none of the counselors cared. His mother did, and she got her revenge. But when the last counselor fought back, Mrs. Vorhees met her own demise. This brought the boy back from his watery grave. This "ugly little sh*t" (Freddy's words, not mine) grew up! In the first movie he did not physically appear, but much like how Norma Bates "possessed" Norman, Jason possessed his mother. Neither camping or horror movies will ever be the same!
3. Where is he now ?
2. Freddy Krueger- Though he lost his fight with Jason, Freddy has such a fan base and an appeal, that he landed here at number 2. Once a sick twisted man, Freddy became a sick, twisted demon, that stalked teenagers in their nightmares. Though some of the sequels were silly, I'll never forget how much the first one scared me and my high school girlfriend! The music, the face, and the nightmares will never be forgotten!
1. Norman Bates- How could the original slasher, with such a great side story and twist, be left out of the top spot? Yes they will keep making Friday the 13th, Elm Street, and Halloween movies. They will also remake psycho over and over too, but they will never match the original mamma's boy who turned into the nice guy with an evil alter ego! The suspense and hidden drama, make him best of the slashers, and he was only a mere mortal! Be careful what hotel you check into, if its one owned by a boy who likes filthy girls, and has a watchful mother...you may be in for a short vacation!
Please read these too!
- What are Johnny Depp's best and worst movies?
Johnny Depp is a Hollywood favorite and on the eve of Dark Shaddows, I thought this would be fun.
- The 13 scariest movies ever!
- The 12 best villains of all time!
The scoundrels that we movies goers love! There will be some surprises as I do not write for or agree with the AFI. Nurse Rached did not make it! Who almost made it? Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old...