The best insane murderers from the movies.
A room with a view!
Jason speaks from the grave!
The terrible 13!
13. The Stranger- From when a stranger calls. He was better in literature but he may be right. You should check the children! A tie between these two sickos at #13.
13. The Miner- This was the murderer from My Bloody Valentine. He watched a psycho murder his father when he was a toddler. Every boy needs a role model, don't they?
12. Max Cady- Robert Diniro as we've never seen him. He played a sick, twisted killer that will never stop...the kind we like.
11. Miss Spool- Her son of course is more famous, but if you messed with her son, you were done! Do you remember what movie she was from?
10. The killer from .Don't Talk to Strangers.
I'm not telling who done it! Antonio Bandaras, Rebecca Dimornay, and Dennis Miller (of all people) were great in this.
9. Peatey- He is the killer from Sleep Away Camp. If you mess with his gentle, docile sister Angela, he appears, and it's never pretty.
8. Mrs. Voorhees- Jason's demented, vengeful mother. She terrorized Camp Chrystal before her son did. She even "lost her head" to give him his chance in the following Friday the 13th movies.
7. Michael Myers- Rob Zombie showed us the human side of this crazed serial killer before he became immortal. The question remains- who is harder to kill? Michael, Jason, or Freddy. This one kept many home on Halloweens to come!
First, how to qualify the worst!
What's a human monster you ask. Well, anyone that was once mortal and is now an evil immortal that kills what it used to be. The rest on the list are just nut jobs, but likable ones! I wanted to include the Joker but this is a horror movie list.
Here we go as they make us scream!
Smiley is new but may make the list soon!
*Dr. Hannibal Lector- Hannibal was on the list but, he had to leave...he was having a friend for dinner! He departed from the number 3 spot.
The best of the worst!
6. Sweeney Todd- The demon barber bent on revenge ripped through movies theaters. He was best played by the one and only, Johnny Depp.
5. Jack Torrence from The Shining- Who can forget "here's Johnny" as he chopped his way into Hollywood? He's not going to hurt you, he's just going to....
4. The Phantom of the Opera- A crazed and deformed mad man who was no longer obsessed with music. Though I liked Claude Reigns, Lon Chaney is still the best!
3. Where is he now; at your door with a nice bottle of wine?
2. Freddy Krueger- Though he lost his fight with Jason, Freddy has such a fan base and an appeal, that he landed here at number 2. Once a sick twisted man, Freddy became a sick, twisted demon, that stalked teenagers in their nightmares. Though some of the sequels were silly, I'll never forget how much the first one scared me and my high school girlfriend! The music, the face, and the nightmares will never be forgotten!
1. Norman Bates- How could the original slasher, with such a great side story and twist, be left out of the top spot? Yes they will keep making Friday the 13th, Elm Street, and Halloween movies. They will also remake psycho over and over too, but they will never match the original mamma's boy who turned into the nice guy with an evil alter ego! The suspense and hidden drama, make him best of the slashers, and he was only a mere mortal! Be careful what hotel you check into, if its one owned by a boy who likes filthy girls, and has a watchful mother...you may be in for a short vacation!
Please read these too!
- What are Johnny Depp's best and worst movies?
Johnny Depp is a Hollywood favorite and on the eve of Dark Shaddows, I thought this would be fun.
- The 13 scariest movies ever!
- The 12 best villains of all time!
The scoundrels that we movies goers love! There will be some surprises as I do not write for or agree with the AFI. Nurse Rached did not make it! Who almost made it? Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old...