The Tips No Fashionista Wants to Teach You
Sincerely, I have never been head to toe into fashion, until a couple of years ago. I don't recall the exact moment when I decided fashion was a subject worth reading about, but I remember starting to care about it. Maybe because I grew up and I realized I have to wore clothes that make me look and feel the way I want to. Surely, I got into fashion because I wanted to create the personality that I wanted others to perceive in me. I thought how I wanted others to respond to me, to talk about me, to walk around me, or to love and hate me. That is why I started reading, revising and watching lots of bloggers and vloggers who has it altogether and those who seem to own a unique style. Online magazines were my next favorite place to indulge. The blogs and magazines and celebrities too, fuel my ideas constantly and teach me so much that I couldn't help but share with you.
After reading 20 or more bloggers and magazines, per day, I came up with a collection of fashion tricks and tips. There are tricks you knew, and there are those you did not realize. Not to worry though, I have got you covered.
Are you into fashion?
I loved these series!
Fashion tricks to make you look taller.
There are some fashion steps you can take, little tricks, to make you look taller. High-heels is the obvious answer and they are certainly included in this post. There are other fashion tricks, more friendly to your health than high-heels. I know you have heard some of them, but a little revise never hurt anybody. Have a peek on these 'fashion, make me look taller!' tips. Maybe you will love incorporating them in your everyday clothing routine.
1. The Miniskirt - this is something that does not feel like a trick because, well, everybody who wants to appear taller knows that they should wear miniskirts to give the impression of long legs. The trick is on choosing the right miniskirt. Do not opt for the one that hugs your thighs, but for that one that it's a little wider, elongating the legs and sharing the idea of a thigh gap, whether you have it or not.
2. The High-heels - we would get here any way or another. So, the trick behind high-heels is that not all of them will make you look like you have legs for miles. You should ditch the ones with those large ankle straps that seem like they cut your legs, giving the impression of short legs.
3. The Shirt - do not choose to wear the boy-shirt type ever. It does not do the trick for you. Instead choose wisely the shirts that end in your hipbone zone. The same trick goes for the jackets or cardigans.
4. The Dress and Skirt - it may seem obvious to you, but many makes the mistakes of choosing the maxi dress/skirt. It does not matter how much you love them, you just can't pull them off if you want to look taller than you really are. Go for midi instead, or mini.
5. The Bag - the oversize bags will not do for you. Go for the structured, smaller ones. There are bags that may seem small but have much more volume inside than the giant bags.
How to use color in fashion?
What you wear and how you wear it, says a lot about you. Most of the time, people do not need a long introduction of yourself, to create an idea about you. Your clothes has done that, even better. Or sometimes, your style has talked for worse. However, we are going to talk about leaving a good impression and building a personality based on your clothes.
When you are dressed up for an event, a party, an important meeting, an interview, etc, beside what you are wearing, is the color or colors you are wearing. We are talking about the most vibrant, dominant colors, the one that catch the eyes of people. The other colors that find their way into your clothing are just for designs purpose and do not really reflect who you are and how you want to be adressed [most of the time].
The colors you should wear taking into account what you want to receive from others, how you want to represent yourself, are:
- Blue - you are perceived as funny and easy-going. You give the impression of being relaxed and confident. You can start a conversation that matters, as well as just entertain the opinions on a subject you have no strong feelings about. The perfect color to have a drink or two, without getting into trouble.
- Burgundy - the deep red asks exactly for just that: to be taken seriously. You are a strong personality who often won't take no for an answer. This is the color you should wear when you are heading to an important meeting. Decisions have to be made.
- White - for when you are feeling happy. It is the color that brightens everyones skin and face. It is the color that reminds everyone of summer, so someone wearing white is someone who will be perceived as a good, generous person to others.
- Yellow - if you want to leave the impression of someone that is fun to be around, wear yellow. Very close to red, in the fashion world, yellow is perceived as the color who shouts: I am open to change. But, be careful not to go overboard with yellow, or you may come out as boring. A blouse, a bag or even a scarf would be enough of yellow for a day.
- Pink - who says feminine other than pink?
- as for Black? Everybody know black is for the serious and for the funny one. Black is for the mysterious and for the open-hearted. Black is always fashion, black is poetic. So, when in doubt wear Black, or Red if you are crushing a party. ;)
If you have any fashion tips and tricks I missed, do not hesitate to let me know in the comments section below. I would love to learn more and interact with you. Thank you for reading, enjoy.