How to Learn Guitar by Yourself
Have you ever thought about being a guitarist? I myself am a guitarist and let me just say that it is an absolute blast! It allows you to express yourself in a way that in my opinion, no other instrument can match. Obviously, if you are here then you are wanting to play one yourself. I am a self taught guitarist and I HATE getting help with things and like learning by myself. but even I still needed to be taught in someway to get where I am. So how can YOU teach yourself to play the guitar?
- Firstly, I would start by getting an online guitar course. This allows you to learn the guitar by yourself, but still have some sort of guidance. I myself used this method.
- Another great tool is Youtube. You can find hundreds of videos giving you tips and pointers that can make a huge difference in your playing.
- Third thing I would recommend is using guitar forums. Guitar forums are another great way to get specific questions you have answered.
- My fourth and final piece of advice is to use tablature sites and guitar games like "Rocksmith 2014". Looking up songs and learning to play them via tabs or Rocksmith is where I gained most of my experience. They taught me different techniques and strum patterns and a whole bunch of really important things.
Some people think you need a one on one teacher that you meet with in person to get good at an instrument. That is far from true, and this goes for any instrument. For some people it may help being physically taught, but for someone like me that enjoys being independent, self teaching can be just as effective if done correctly.
I would like to finish off with a few referrals;
- I mentioned using guitar forums as a method of learning on your own, and my personal favorite is UltimateGuitar.com. It has a very active community that is full of forums and Tablature to teach you songs. One downside however, is that it will cost money to use it so a good alternative is Reddit. And using google is a great way for finding tabs. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com
- Next, I would like to refer you to my beginners guitar course. I have a special discount right now charging only $15 dollars. Check me out here https://www.fiverr.com/share/3N0mV
- And when it comes to using youtube, I recommend these channels: Music is win, Signiture music studios, fretjam, and samuraiguitarist.
Thank you for reading!