- Entertainment and Media
The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones
In the late sixties, the Rolling Stones began calling themselves the "World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band" and not many could dispute the claim.
Based on Chicago blues, the Stones music has continued to sound fresh and vital through the decades and their stance of defiance, now somewhat aged, has only helped to add to their career.
Whether you love them or hate them, one must acknowledge their achievements as some of the greatest in rock & roll history.
Three Interesting Facts About The Rolling Stones
- During the mid-sixties, The Rolling Stones were the second most popular band only outdone by The Beatles.
- Original The Stones were exclusively a blues band. Popularity did not come until they reinvented themselves as a rock band.
- Including compilations, The Stones have released more than 50 albums.
The Rolling Stones - Original Band Members
Jagger, Richards, Jones, Wyman and Watts.
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need
What The Stone's Have to Say
Rolling Stone's Quotes
“It's liberty for all, democracy's our style, unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial.”
“One realises after a while, that indiscriminate opposition with the opposite sex has its drawbacks." - Richards
“We piss anywhere man.” - Jones
“How come all the teenies ever wanna do is tongue my Diamond tooth." - Jagger”
“I intend to get a lot more older and a lot more wrinkled. So sharpen your pen.”
“Burt Reynolds fired his agent after 'Boogie Nights'. If he has a lick of sense in his head, he'll kill his agent after 'Dukes of Hazzard'. ”
“There is no friction between band members about their health, image or what they wear on stage,”
“All the fun has gone out of it." - Wyman
What do you think of The Rolling Stones?
Rolling Stones Trivia
Use your mouse and click and drag over the block of gray to reveal each answer.
What string is commonly removed from Keith's guitar?
Keith's tuning is, low to high; G D G B D with the low E string removed.
The 'Sticky Fingers' album cover was designed by whom?
Andy Warhol. The cover model for the 'Sticky Fingers' album was actor Joe Dallesandro.
Snickers bought the rights to use what Rolling Stone's song as a commercial theme?
The Rolling Stones were elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in what year?
The Stones traded the rights to their 1966 hit 'Paint It Black' with Steinlager Beer Co. for what?
A lifetime supply of lager.
Which Stones single spent the most time on the Billboard US Top-40?
Start Me Up - 19 weeks.
Awards & Accolades - Some of the Stone's Accomplishments
- The Rolling Stones were elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.
- Hit #1 on Billboard's Pop Albums chart in 1965 with the release of "Out Of Our Heads".
- Ranked #67 on VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Artists.
- Hit #3 on Billboard's Pop Albums chart in 1964 with the release of "12 X 5".
- They were #2 on the annual Forbes magazine Celebrity 100 list in 2006.
- Ranked #2 on VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of Rock & Roll.
Rolling Stone's Song Poll
What's Your Favorite Rolling Stone's Song?
rock 'n' roll,
but I like it!
The Rolling Stones at Amazon
Do you have any interesting stories and/or thoughts about The Rolling Stones? Please share ...