- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
These are my top 10 films (For Now).
I will let these movies speak for themselves, giving a brief description. Starting with 10 and going down.
10. Sideways - Two middle aged men head to wine country before one ties the knot in a funny yet heartbreaking tale of marriage, failure and second chances.
9. Annie Hall - A man looks back at his time with his greatest love and how is relationship changed them both, at first for the worst and then for the better.
8. The Godfather - An organized crime story of the American dream and how one Italian family rose to become one of the most respected and feared mob families in New York.
7. Raging Bull - A Bronx boxer rises to the top but his quick temper off the ring and jealously is his downfall in this fall from grace cautionary tale.
6. American Beauty - The working class man strikes back, as a bored husband stands up to his wife and against his job when he finally has had enough.
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark - An archaeologist fights off Nazis in a race to find the Lost Ark of the Covenant in this homage to old republic serials of the 1940s.
4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind - A man is chosen by friendly space beings for having the heart of a child and they show us that all life in the universe is not all bad.
3. 12 Angry Men - 12 Jurors must decide the fate of a teenage boy who supposedly killed his father. All are convinced he did it except for one, and he challenges the others to re-examine the evidence.
2. Unbreakable - A man wanders through life lost as he is in the middle of a separation from his wife. Soon a stranger shows him that there is more to his life than he ever would have thought.
1. Almost Famous - A 15 year old boy with a natural knack for writing is sent on the road with a band to write for Rolling Stone magazine as he is forced to grow up quickly learning valuable lessons about friendship and love.