- Entertainment and Media
Top 10 Actors in Bollywood 2014
The Indian movie industry has made it to the International level and also won many awards from last five years. There are many good scripts and some award winning movies done in India. The BOLLYWOOD industry is the number one movie industry of India and is making good collections world wide from last five years. Many movies run because of acting and some as the story grabs you to the theaters. But it the Actor and Actress makes the movie hit. Some movie without any good script also goes big because of the heroes and heroines of the Indian cinema industry. Let us see top 10 heroes of the industry this year.
Top 10 Actors of 2014 are
1. SALMAN KHAN: He is known as the BHAI of the Hindi industry. There were two movies which released this year. The first movie to be released is “JAI HO” that collected 112 CRORES Indian rupee in box office. The movie was released on the 24th January and started well in the first week and dropped in the second week, it was the first hit movie of the year. The name SALMAN KHAN was the reason for the movies collection. But that was still the average hit compared to other SALMAN KHAN movies. The second movie of the year for SALLU BHAI was KICK which had some good opening and made good collection in the box office. It collected around 233 CRORES as per BOX office report. This makes him the number one Actor of 2014.
2. SHARUKH KHAN: The actor who is called King Khan is in second spot as collection is concerned as an actor. His movie “HAPPY NEW YEAR” released on October 24th the DIWALI Day. It started well with some good collection and also breaking some records set by the other movies in Hindi cinema. But did not do well in the second week as the collection dropped drastically. The movie ran due to the name tag SHARUKH KHAN and a big star cast. This did not have much script or any thinking to do. This is just a comedy movie with repeated dialogues in it makes us to think of laughing or not laughing. But it collected 190 CRORES in BOX office. This makes him the second best actor of 2014.
3. HRITHIK ROSHAN: His movie “BANG BANG” released on the 2nd of October. The movie had a great opening which made person record for HRITHIK ROSHAN. It reached a collection of 176 CRORES and is the third blockbuster movie of the year. He was paired opposite to KATRINA KAIF and the movie also was the official remake of the Hollywood cinema “KHIGHT AND DAY” acted by Tom Cruise and Cameroon Diaz. This actor has become more popular and is the number third actor in BOLLYWOOD for the year 2014. The movie makes HRITHIK ROSHAN make good money after his KRISH 3 success last year. This movie collection record was beaten by Happy New Year.
4. AKSHAY KUMAR: The movie Holiday was released on 5th June 2014. The movie had an average collection in the BOX office. This hero made this movie as the film was a super hit of a Tamil movie that made 100 CRORES in BOX office. This movie had SONAKSHI SINHA and GOVINDA in it. AKSHAY KUMAR had many 100 CRORE movies to his name from last five years and is one of the great actors of Indian cinema who is making money and paying high taxes. He is the other actor other than AJAY DEVGAN who has made big with the KHAN name tag. These two have made many 100 CRORE movies that had big collections in BOX office.
5. AJAY DEVGAN: This actor is one of the best one in the industry with a cool eyes and dashing look. He is meant for his action roles played in previous Indian movies. He also played many comedy roles that made big in box office. Some of the movies are GOLMAAL, GOLMAAL RETURNS and BOL BACHCHAN that made to the box office collection list. This year his movie SINGHAM RETURNS was the best of the lot with collection crossing more than 100 CRORES. He is number four in the actors list for 2014.
6. ABHISHEK BACHCHAN: He is the junior BACHCHAN and also one of the actors of Indian cinema. But the bad thing is he is compared with his father AMITHAB BACHACHAN’S acting and that made him lose the game and also movies getting big flops. But his last three movies have made big collections. Starting from BOLBACHAN and then with DHOOM 3 that is still the number one collection in the industry. His latest movie HAPPY NEW YEAR has made him bigger as the movie is making big collections and also some appreciations for the character played by him in the movie.
7. RITESH DESHMUKH: This actor is really an under rated actor in the BOLLYWOOD industry. He is really a good actor and has the caliber to play any roles offered to him. His Grand MASTHI made good collections in the box office and after that there was a bad movie called HAMSHAKALS that was a flop. But before the release of the crap movie he was offered a role in “EK VILLIAN” and the character played by him was appreciated. The movie reached 100 CRORES club this year. So he is in number seven in BOX OFFICE heroes list of 2014.
8. ARJUN KAPOOR: This actor has done three good movie of this year. Starting with the first movie “GUNDAY”. The movie was released on 14th February. The collections were good as the movie Jai Ho was an average hit. The second movie was “2 States”. This is inspired from the Chetan Bhagath movie with the same name. It had good response from the audience and also critics. The third movie was Finding Fanny playing as a lover to Deepika Padkone. He is in number eight as the characters played by him this year.
9. SIDHARTH MALHOTRA: There were two movie released this year for the actor. The first movie was HASEE THO PHASEE opposite Parineeti Chopra. This made good collection as the budget was not that high. The second movie was “EK VILLIAN” that made him more popular as an actor. His acting was super and the best one till date. This movie nearly collected 100 CRORES and also some awards for this acting may be expected next year.
10. RANVEER SINGH: The only movie released this year was the 14th February release GUNDAY. This made good numbers in the box office as it reached 102 CRORES. His movie KILL/DILL is yet to release he made a mark in the industry with his acting in movies like Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela, Ladies VS Ricky Bahl and his first movie Band Baaja Baaraat. He is number 10 in BOX office Heroes list. The actor’s movie will be releasing next week with Govinda, Ali Zafar and Parineethi Chopra named Kill/Dill.
This year was a great one for the Bollywood industry with many movies making big collections and also some movie were critically acclaimed. Then movies like Mary Kom and Queen showed that movies can be made without any big hero only story and good acting can win a movie. We also had some social cause movie that made to many international film festivals. There were some movies which just changed the movie making technique to different levels. It is found last year that Indian movies in total are making more collection than Hollywood movies released in a year. There also had some actors and actress coming outside India and acting here in Indian films with good response. Let us see if this continues with years to come.