Oldies Flashback to the 80's and 90's
Movies of the 80's
As I was dusting off our video collection and placing them again in alphabetical order, I came across videos that made me sit and reminisce for a moment about yesteryear. It is amazing how time flies and the movies that you could see over and over again were now just a part of your weekly dusting. I figured this could be some food for thought or maybe somebody else would dust off there collection, pop one in and sit and look back on where they were, or that date they were on. Here is my list of the top 5 Movie's of the 80's as these bring back a time when I was quite young and carefree and to me it was an age of innocence and growth in my life.
1. "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" : I don't think anyone will ever forget Sean Penn and the Pepperoni Pizza coming into the class room. Honestly that is something we did do as a teenager in the 80's and it brings back some really good memories. I believe somewhere in the U.S. somebody had a teacher like Mr. Hand.
2. "E.T".: Absolutely adorable movie and Drew Barrymore played her part well, I cried when E.T. said , "E.T. phone home"? It was a heartwarmer and my children still like to watch it.
3. "Dirty Dancing" :Oh my goodness! Patrick Swayze and his dance moves I can see why baby was intrigued at that age. What girl wouldn't be? Handsome , Charming and Attentive. However, what parent would allow there underage daughter to see an older gentleman ? If that happened now, what do you think would happen?
4. "Back to the Future" : What a well written script and how nice to be able to go ahead in time to see your life and then back to correct it, How many of you would like to do that? I wonder what any of us would change?
5. "Stand By Me" A great story about 4 young boys summer and the adventures they had, although there were sublimal messages it was written clearly with innocence intended. I do believe there are still friendships out there just like they had until this day, don't you?
Movies of the 90's
As the 80's were ending and the Cindy Lauper fad was fading we began to ring in the 90's and with that came some movies in which none of us would have thought about , to me it was an age of enlightment,romance and suspense all rolled into one. Here are my pics for the Top 5 Movies of the 90's , enjoy!!!
1. " The Sixth Sense" : I did not find it at all scary, I found it to be full of suspense and written well as it left you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Bruce Willis character was intriguing and this was one of the movies I could watch over and over again. Could you imagine not realizing you are gone?
2. " Waiting to Exhale": Now this was both and young woman's movie and an older woman's movie , I remember standing in line for hours to just get tickets.Every woman in the country was talking about this movie and could automatically identify with one of the characters at the time. I identified with one of them and it amazes me , how much I have matured since then.
3. " Forrest Gump" Tom Hanks has been one of my favorite actors of all time and playing Forrest , he perfected. Amazingly many of us still remember some of the lines.
4. "Pulp Fiction" as strange as it was written and apparently at that time it had a cult following, it was unique in its own right. John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson's characters were the type of people nobody would have messed with.
5. " " Scent of A Woman" : How many men could identify a woman without seeing?I believe every man and woman has seen this movie. Al Pacino played a fantastic role and not only was it enlightening but had a wonderful dialogue.
Well this ends my Top 5 list of the 80's and 90's and it is now time sit down , pop some popcorn and watch a good movie. I hope you enjoyed my list . I am certain that all of you may have your own personal pics and you are more then welcome to share them on comments , as we would love to hear about them.