Top 5 Stupid Things People Do For Money
The Things People Will Do For Money
We’ve all looked into quick and easy ways to earn money, but most of us use our common sense and morals in deciding what is an acceptable risk. Others don’t seem to have the same thought process or perhaps lack good moral judgment. Money is such a driving factor in some people’s lives that they will go to any lengths to get more of it. It is amazing the things people will do for money.
1. Pyramid schemes – Getting people to pay in money for…nothing! In case you’re wondering, this is called fraud and is illegal in the U.S. yet many people still fall for this crap. According to pyramidschemes.org, 99 percent of those involved in the scheme lose money or make no money. Way to do your research before taking on that new endeavor guys.
2. Gamble – Giving money on the off chance of getting more money or at least getting your money back. According to http://www.overcominggambling.com/facts.html#Statistics two-thirds of adults place some sort of bet and sixty-five percent of pathological gamblers commit crimes to pay off their gambling debts. Just keep playing those slot machines Grandma, some day you’ll earn enough to move out of that retirement home.
Insurance fraud is bad
3. Insurance fraud – Let’s torch our house for money or destroy our car, but just don’t video it please.
4. Kill – At least Soldiers only kill in war (for the most part) and they don’t do it for the money I assure you, but then you’ve got your hired mercenaries and of course the people that kill their husbands and wives to collect on the insurance or to get that sweet inheritance . I’ll admit, women seem to love this option a lot more than men. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/women/
5. Anything and Everything – If you’re rich and willing to pay someone to do something chances are you’ll find a person willing. There are even people who openly announce they will do all sorts of crazy crap for money, even harmful things like help with target practice Take this guy for instance: http://www.punny.org/money/attention-bored-rich-people-i-will-do-any-of-the-following-for-one-million-dollars/ . The internet is replete with people like this.
Sure there are a lot
more examples of stupid and/or crazy things people do, but more often
they are doing it for fame, notoriety, as an adrenaline rush, or because
are just plain dumb. When you get to the
point that you are willing to do just about anything for money, you
probably re-think the career path you’ve been on. You can't pursue the Dire Straits dream of "Money for Nothing" forever you know.