- Entertainment and Media»
- Television & TV Shows
Simpsons TV Show Trivia Questions and Answers
- The Ultimate Pub Quiz #3: Misdirection Trivia
A wonderful game of pub trivia all ready for play featuring well-written and fascinating questions.
- The Ultimate Pub Quiz #1 - Free Challenging Trivia f...
Nothing is hotter than trivia. This is a full trivia game that you can use in the bar or at home with friends. Or you can just take it for fun. Well-written questions from somebody with experience.
1. In the episode where Bart is declared a genius after switching exams with Martin, he is put in the Enriched Learning Center for Gifted Children. Identify any one of the classics on the shelves in his new classroom.
Crime and Punishment, Babylonian Myths, Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, Plato, Dante’s Inferno, and The Iliad.
2. In “Moaning Lisa,” List awakens one morning with a potent case of the blues. Part of what depresses her is when ahe asks Maggie to choose between her and Bart. Perhaps a tribute to her father, what is Maggie’s preference?
3. Bart: Is Jacques there?
Bart: Jacques. Last name?
4. Finish the following song lyric: “I got a bratty brother/he bugs me every day/and this morning my own mother/she gave my last cupcake away/my dad acts like he belongs/he belongs in the zoo/
I’m the saddest kid in grade number two.
5. In “The Call of the Simpsons” Homer is mistaken for the legendary Bigfoot. Naturally, the TV anchorman announces this to the entire world, but what television event does he interrupt to do it?
The President’s address.
6. According to Homer, A boy without mischief is like a bowling ball without a what?”
A liquid center.
7. In “Homer’s Night Out,” Bart rearranges the letters on a sign that says “Cod Platter $4.95,” which is evidently an anagram for what?
Cold Pet Rat
8. What are the lyrics to the chorus to the Itchy and Scratchy Theme Music?
They fight, they bite/they bite and fight and bite/bite, bite, bite/fight, fight, fight/The Itchy and Scratchy Show
9. In what city did Krusty the Clown get his start, the same place as Elvis Presley?
10. What’s the name of the pen Mrs. Krabappel uses to grade tests?
11. According to legend, Jebediah Springfield fought and killed a bear with his bare hands, but due to the work of modern historians, what do we now know to be the truth?
The bear killed him.
12. What is the motto of the state Springfield is in?
“Not Just Another State”
13. In the episode “One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish,” Homer is supposedly poisoned at the Happy Sumo restaurant. During their dining experience, Richie Sakai takes to the karaoke stage to do a rendition of “Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves,” by what singer?
14. According to the posters on Homer’s wall from the episode “The Way it Was” in 1974, name either of the two bands he was evidently a fan of.
Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin
15. Marge’s date to the senior prom is one Artie Ziff who is the most skilled member of the Springfield High School’s forensic team. Who voiced Artie?
16. What is the name of the cosmetic cream that Marge uses on Patty to get her ready for her date with Principal Skinner?
It’s called “Gee, Your Lip Looks Hairless.”
17. Marge painted the portrait of what Beatle?
18. The episode “Lisa’s Substitute” features the first overt antagonism between Homer and which of his organs?
19. The name John Jay Smith was used in the episode “Stark Raving Dad” for the character of Leon Kompowsky because contractual obligations at the time prevented the show from confirming it was actually the voice of whom?
20. Finish the following line from one of Lisa’s poems:
I had a cat named Snowball. She died, she died! Mom said she was sleeping. Finish the poem.
She lied, she lied.
21. In the episode “Bart the Murderer” the smiling Aztec in Troy McClure’s short film about chocolate is nearly identical to the mascot for what baseball team?
22. Finish Krusty’s Sign-Off Lyrics: We’ve had lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of fun/but now the time has come to go/if this old clown was found dead in his bed tomorrow....
I’d be in heaven still doing this show
23. If you’re a fan of the Krusty show, what do you do if Krusty goes off the air?
24. What fraternity had Smithers as a member?
25. In the episode “Radio Bart” there’s an appearance by a Chuck E. Cheese style restaurant called what?
Wall E. Weasel
26. Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die, Gladys the Groovy Mule, The Revenge of Abe Lincoln, and The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West, are all films by what actor?
27. According to the Pro-Hockey totals flashed at the end of the episode “Bart the Lover,” how many goals did Gordie Howe score in the NHL?
28. In “Homer at the Bat” who does Burns have Homer pinch hit for, resulting in Homer being hit by a pitch, knocked unconscious, and paraded around the field as a hero?
29. In “Homer at the Bat,” what is the name of the band playing at the jazz club?
The Steve Sax Trio
30. In “Dog of Death,” the family doesn’t notice Santa’s Little Helper becoming sick as lottery fever sets in. During that time, we learn that every copy of the book “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson is checked out of the library. What’s the book actually about?
A public stoning
31. I’m Basting a Turkey with My Tears, Don’t Look Up My Dress Unless You Mean it, I’m Sick of Your Lying Lips and False Teeth, and Stand By Your Manager, are all songs by whom?
32. “Captain’s Log Stardate 6051: had trouble sleeping last night...my hiatal hernia is acting up. The ship is drafty and damp; I complain but nobody listens” is the opening by an aged Capt. Kirk in Star Trek XII subtitled what?
So Very Tired
33. This story begins in that unforgettable spring of this year: Ms. Pac Man struck a blow for womn’s rights and a young Joe Piscopo taught us how to laugh.
34. What is Homer’s quote in his high school yearbook?
“I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.”
35. In the Simpson’s Clip Show, Bart cranks up the heat in the house to make Homer thirsty enough to go to the refrigerator for a Duff. Among the things that melts is an album by this artist, creator of “You Make Me Feel Like Dancing.”
Answer these questions about America’s favorite family.
What is Homer’s weight?
(Between 239 and 260lbs.)
What is Marge’s shoe size?
Name either of Bart’s aliases.
(Rudiger, El Barto)
What is the name of the teen idol Lisa has a perpetual crush on?
What is Maggie’s value according to the supermarket scanner?
2. Name any four of the eight versions of Duff beer
Duff, Duff Lite, Duff Dry, Rasberry Duff, Duff Dark, Tartar-Control Duff, Lady Duff, Duff Gummi Bears
3. You are Homer. Please provide the appropriate response to the following statement or question:
This comes on the television: “The following is a public service announcement. Excessive alcohol comsumption can cause liver damage and cancer of the rectum.
You ask Apu why he’s not in Church and he says: “Oh, but I am. I have a shrine to Ganesha, the god of worldy wisdom, located in the employee lounge.”
(Ganesha want a peanut?)
Principal Skinner informs you at the recital you’re attending that it is merely the first in a series
Lisa tells you in “Lisa the Greek:” “Look, Dad. I’ll tell you who’s going to win the Super Bowl if you want me to, but it’ll just validate my theory that you cared more about winning money than you did about me.”
4. Answer these questions about other residents of Springfiled.
Who has the aspiration of creating a vaccine against cooties?
Whose long lost brothers include Dr. Julius Hibbert and Hibbert’s long-lost twin brother, the director of the Shelbyville Orphanage?
(Bleeding Gums Murphy)
Whose nickname is Spanky?
(Principal Skinner. It’s his mother’s nickname for him.)
This character is married to Stephanie, the Weather Lady.
5. Identify the movies parodied by the following Simpsons scenes.
In “There’s No Disgrace Like Home,” Homer enlists the help of Dr. Marvin Monroe who guarantees family bliss. The Simpsons are seated in a stark white laboratory, wired with electrodes, fronted by a bank of buttons in a scene reminiscent of what 1971 film?
(A Clockwork Orange)
In “Bart the General,” Bart is beat up by Nelson while protecting the cupcakes Lisa baked for Miss Hoover. Later, Bart trains a small army of kids at the behest of Herman to what film’s theme song?
After sawing off the head of Jebediah Springfield’s statue, Bart wakes up with the head beside him in bed, a parody of what film?
In the episode “Life on the Fast Lane,” Marge walks with a purposeful expression into the nuclear power plant and embraces Homer who picks her up and carries her out to the melody of “Up Where We Belong” from what film?
(An Officer and a Gentleman)
6. Identify these literary/art moments parodies in the Simpsons.
In the episode where Bart saws off the head of town founder Jebediah Springfield, the disembodied statue head talks to Bart, representing Bart’s conscience in a manner similar to the beating heart in what Edgar Allen Poe story?
(The Telltale Heart)
In “Bart vs. Thanksgiving” Lisa reads the following poem, reminiscent of what poem and poet? “I saw the best meals of my generation destroyed by the madness of my brother.”
Name either of the two works one is reminded of when Homer has his battle with the legendary catfish, General Sherman, in “The War of the Simpsons.”
(Moby Dick/The Old Man and the Sea)
In the episode “Whacking Day,” what famed journalist is the author of “The Truth About Whacking Day.”
7. Identify the movies parodied in the following Simpsons episodes.
In “Simpson and Delilah” Homer discovers a miracle hair growth formula. When he finally manages to grow a hair, he goes running through the streets, celebrating his newfound hair, which is reminiscent of what film?
(It’s a Wonderful Life)
In the first Halloween episode, “Treehouse of Horror,” blood oozes down the walls and the chimney runs up the center of the wall just like what film?
(The Amityville Horror)
In “Dancin’ Homer” Homer gets drunk and does an impromptu dance at the Capital City Capitals game leading to their victory and prompting the owner to give him a job. Eventually Homer becomes the mascot but is fired. During “Dancin’ Homer Appreciation Night,” Homer gives the following speech, parodying what film: “today, as I leave for Capital City, I consider myself the luckiest mascot on the face of the Earth.”
(Pride of the Yankees)
In “Bart the Daredevil,” Bart decided to jump Springfield Gorge. Just before he’s set to do so, he emerges through the heat and the haze with his skateboard in an ode to what film?
(Lawrence of Arabia)
8. Identify the films parodied in the following Simpsons episodes.
In “Bart Gets Hit by a Car,” Bart regains consciousness in the hospital and points to everyone who was in his visit to the afterlife in a scene reminiscent of what film?
(Wizard of Oz)
In “Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th commandment,” after finding out the cable man does illegal hookups, Homer chases down his truck and fakes getting hit in order to get him to stop. It’s a scene reminiscent of what Hitchcock film?
(North by Northwest)
In “Principal Charming” an episode in which Principal Skinner asks Patty to marry him, he makes a climb up the stairs at Springfield Elementary recalling the final scene of what other Hitchcock film?
In “The War of the Simpsons,” Marge and Homer throw a party where Homer humiliates himself. During one point, Ned Flanders demonstrates an amazing ability to mix a drink, mimicking what Tom Cruise film?
9. Identify the guest voices for the following characters.
Lionel Hutz - Phil Hartman
Herb Powell, half-brother of Homer Simpson - Danny DeVito
Fat Tony, mobster - Joe Mantegna
Rabbi Krustofski - Jackie Mason
10. Identify the films parodied in the following episodes.
In “Three Men and a Comic Book,” the scene of Mrs. Glick’s shadow looming over Bart’s quivering shadow and Bart pleading “No! No, not the iodine! Burn the germs off with a torch, amputate my arm, but not the - YAUUGGH!” is reminiscent of a soldier getting his leg amputated in what movie?
(Gone with the Wind)
In “Bart the Murderer,” Bart’s job as a gofer for Fat Tony and his mobster pals parodies the life of what character from Goodfellas?
In the episode “Like Father Like Clown,” Rabbi Krustofski’s rejection of Krusty’s chosen career is basically the same plot as what film?
(The Jazz Singer)
In “Treehouse of Horror” Homer is caught at the Moroccan airport trying to smuggle tacky souvenirs by taping them to his chest, a parody of what film?
11. Identify the television shows parodied in the following Simpsons episodes.
In “Three Men and a Comic Book” Daniel Stern voices the following narration attributed to Bart: “Me? A job? Were they serious? I didn’t realize it at the time, but a little piece of my childhood had slipped away forever.”
(The Wonder Years)
In “Treehouse of Horror” the storyline of a boy who can read minds and wreak havoc with his thoughts is taken directly from the “It’s a Good Life” episode of “The Twilight Zone” starring what “Babylon 5” actor?
In “Black Widower” Sideshow Bob’s on-air reconciliation with Krusty at his “Telethon for Motion Sickness” parodies the reunion of what two television stars?
(Jerry Lewis/Dean Martin)
In “Treehouse of Horror II” a Krusty doll that is good to its child owner but evil to its father parodies the classic episode “Living Doll” from “The Twilight Zone,” which starred what actor?
12. Identify the songs used in the following Simpsons Episodes.
What Black Sabbath tune does Otto hum as he washes up for the bloodletting procedure in “Blood Feud?”
When Marge phones up the New Bedlam Wrongly Committed Hotline, she is placed on hold to the Muzak version of what Patsy Cline song?
As Otto drives to the Kwik-E-Mart at 70mph in “Homer Defined” he “sings” the following bassline from what song?
(sing it - Frankenstein)
In the episode where Bart ends up at the bottom of a well, the song sung by Sting and Krusty, “We’re sending our love down the Well” was inspired by what famous celebrity recording?
(We are the World)
13. What exactly causes Homer to utter the following.
Mmmm...pie. (in response to Apu’s testimony that he can recite pi)
Mmmm...incapacitating (after tasting Marge’s pepper spray on eggs.)
Mmmm...sacrilicious (after eating the waffle he had mistaken for God)
Mmmm...burger (responding to a reference to former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Warren Burger)
14. Identify the character responsible for the following quotation.
“Contrary to what you’ve just seen, war is neither glamorous nor fun. There are no winners; only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: the American Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. If you’d like to learn more about war, there’s lots of books in your local library, many of them with cool gory pictures.”
“It doesn’t matter how you feel inside, you know. It’s what shows up on the surface that counts. Take all your bad feelings and push them down, all the way down, past your knees, until you’re almost walking on them. And then you’ll fit in, and you’ll be invited to parties, and boys will like you... and happiness will follow.”
“You may find his accent peculiar. Certain aspects of his culture may seem absurd, perhaps even offensive. But I urge you all to give little Adil the benefit of the doubt. In this way, and only in this way, can we hope to better understand our backward neighbors throughout the world.”
The city of Washington was built on a stagnant swamp some 200 years ago and very little has changed; it stank then and it stinks now. Only today, it is the fetid stench of corruption that hangs in the air.
15. Identify the character responsible for the following line:
“Well, class, the history of our country has been changed again to correspond with Bart’s answers on yesterday’s test. America was now discovered in 1942 by some guy. And our country isn’t called America anymore - it’s Bonerland.”
“He may have come up with the recipe, but I came up with the idea of charging $6.95 for it.”
“You deserve all the finest things in the world and although I can give them to you, they will be repossessed and I will be hunted down like a dog.”
“I used to open for Krusty in 69. In fact, he fired me as I recall... But this isn’t about show business, this is about some kid down a hole, or something, and we’ve all got to do what we can.”
16. Identify the film parodied in the following episodes
In “Lisa the Greek,” centering around Homer’s inability to pay attention to Lisa, he says “I used to hate the smell of your sweaty feet. Now it’s the smell of victory” he is mimicking a line from what film?
In “Homer at the Bat,” Homer makes his “Wonderbat” from a tree that is struck by lightning, much like the main character in what film?
In “Separate Vocations,” Lisa is heartbroken when her career test reveals her ideal future occupation as “homemaker.” After losing interest in being a good student, Principal Skinner asks Lisa what she is rebelling against and she answers: “Whattaya got?” a parody of what film?
(The Wild One)
In “Kamp Krusty” Lisa bribes a stranger on horseback with a bottle of booze to smuggle out her letter home, a parody of what Meryl Streep film?
(The French Lieutenant’s Woman)
17. In “Homer at the Bat” Mr. Burns hires nine major league players. Five of them are Jose Canseco, Ken Griffey Jr., Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs, and Steve Sax. Name the other four.
18. What happens to knock each ringer recruited for the Springfield Nuclear Plant dream team out of commission
Roger Clemens (inadvertently hypnotized into thinking he is a chicken)
Ozzie Smith (vanishes into another dimension at the Springfield Mystery Spot)
Wade Boggs (smacked by Barney during a bar argument)
Steve Sax (sentenced to six life terms for various murders in NYC)
19. Identify the ingredients for Homer’s patented, space age, out-of-this-world Moon Waffles.
Stick of Butter
20. In “Treehouse of Horror II” Bart’s chant which releases the zombines is the last names of four game show hosts. Name them.
21. In “Treehouse of Horror II” the chant Bart uses to turn Lisa into a snail is the last names of four 1970’s TV investigators. Name them.