- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
Underrated and Forgotten Disney Movies
How Many of the Movies in My List Have You Seen Before?
Disney Movies Are Good For The Soul
I'm a child of the 90s and I grew up on Disney movies, animated and live action alike. Disney has been releasing movies since the 1930s and I'm sure I've seen more than 75% of the entire collection.
I've noticed in recent years that whenever you ask someone what their favorite Disney movies are that they list the most famous ones such as "Lion King", "Snow White", "Cinderella." They forget a ton of amazing ones because they mainly remember the ones with Disney Princesses and ones with famous soundtracks. I myself grew up on a whole bookcase full of VHS Disney movies that started from the very beginning. There's a ton of live action ones that none of my friends know about and it's disheartening to know that they've never seen them. I used this link below to sort through and compile my list.
Full List Of Disney Movies
- I loved this movie growing up. The animation that they managed was amazing and soundtrack to go with it was just incredible. It's better than the remake in my opinion.
Old Yeller (1957)
- This is a classic dog lover movie. I noticed that Disney kept using the same people for their movies which made me think that they had contracts with them or something.
- This was a favorite of mine growing up. It's about a girl that inspires a community to get out of a rut that they've gotten themselves into.
Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
- This movie really is a classic, I mean they even have a whole section of Magic Kingdom devoted to the tree that they made their home in. All of the animals and resourcefulness that was in the movie. It's just something so great to see and appreciate.
The Parent Trap (1961)
- I'm really not sure if people are aware that the Lindsay Lohan version is a remake, but this film has the same girl from Pollyanna in it playing both roles.
The Aristocats (1970)
- Everybody wants to be a cat! Haha don't lie you sang that. Yeah The Aristocats holds a spot in my heart and it's just a cute little film that many people forget about.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)
Angela Lansbury, enough said.
Escape to Witch Mountain (1975)
- I really like this version better because I just feel it's more genuine and isn't trying to be funny. It's the right amount of creepy and drama.
Oliver & Company (1988)
- WHY SHOULD I WORRY? WHY SHOULD I CAREEEEEE? haha I absolutely love that song and I have no idea why more people don't say that they love this movie. It's definitely not aligned with a classic Disney movie scenario because I feel that it's slightly more edgy than your average Disney movie. But it's so great and more people should remember this movie!
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (1991)
- I'm a fan of horse movies so this may be a bit bias but it's a great concept. I believe it's based on a book but it's about a girl who gets into horse diving, which I had never heard of before seeing this movie.
Angels in the Outfield (1994)
- Joseph Gordon Levitt is in this and I think it was the first thing I ever saw him in. It's a baseball movie and Christopher Lloyd is also in it as the quirky Angel.
My Favorite Martian (1999)
- Another movie with Christopher Lloyd in it. He is so funny in this and it cracks me up every time I watch it. It's a silly movie and it's sad it's forgotten about.
The Young Black Stallion (2003)
- Another horse movie lol yeah I know it's bias but this movie was so beautifully done. I saw it in 3D IMAX so it was even more breath taking. It's only 50 minutes and the scenery and wide angle shots alone should make you want to watch this.
What are your favorite Disney movies that you feel are underrated or forgotten? Leave it in the comments =)