Van's Warped Tour Guide
What is Van's Warped Tour?
What exactly is Warped Tour? Van's Warped Tour is the largest traveling music festival in the United States. The first Concert was held in 1994 and has been held every year since. Originally showcasing Punk Rock music, the concert has grown to include more music genres in the present day.
Buying a Ticket For Van's Warped Tour
Tickets for the concert can be purchased through Ticketmaster outlets,Walmart locations and Kroger's. Tickets can also generally be bought on the day of the event or bought through Ticket Master's website and printed at home.
How to prepare for Van's Warped Tour
There are some things you may want to do to prepare such as...
- Write down the bands you want to see
- Pack your bag the night before
- Get a good nights sleep
- Check the weather forecast
- Charge your electronics
What Not to Wear to Van's Warped Tour
- Flip Flops
- High heels
- Excessive Jewelry
- Excessive Makeup
What to Wear to Van's Warped Tour
- Clothes that are able to get dirty/torn
- Light weight T-shirts/Tank tops
- Shorts with pockets
What not to bring
- Any weapons
- Professional grade camera
- Recording devices
- Illegal substances
What to bring
- Your Ticket(s)
- Light weight backpack (Preferably a drawstring bag)
- Sharpie Marker (2)
- Sealed water bottle
- Small snack
- Disposable camera
- Bandanna (Keeps sand out of nose and mouth while in pits)
- Hair ties
Parents Get in Free
Minors (those under the age of 18) are given one complimentary ticket for parents or legal guardians who are at least 28 years of age. The ticket can be redeemed at the yellow top Vans Warped Tour tent near the venue's front entrance.
Get to the Venue Early
Especially if you are buying your ticket the day of the concert. Lines are extremely long. Gates to the concert open at 11am so it's a good idea to arrive at the venue an hour early. Do not buy any tickets, backstage passes, wristbands or any other type of Warped Tour passes in the parking lot. There's a very high chance that they are illegitimate.
Donate and Skip the Long Lines
Those who donate $5.00, 3 canned goods (no dents), or a used cell phone to the "Feed our Children NOW!" tent will be given a "Skip the line" wristband.
Heat stroke is an all too common issue seen during the concert. Staying Hydrated allows you to have the best Warped experience possible so make sure to take advantage of the free water refill stations.
Once the Concert Begins...
- Buy a Schedule for $2.00 or take a picture of the large inflatable one
- Pick which bands you want to see according to scheduled play times
- Check out the Vendor's stalls
- Take note of band signings
- Keep an eye open for free stuff
- Check out some bands you haven't heard of
- Locate the Medic Station
More Tips for Van's Warped Tour
- Apply Sunscreen
- Remain Hydrated
- Bring Money
- Be careful when listening to bands near the front of the stage
- Be prepared for bag searched
- Moshing and/or crowd surfing always runs the risk of getting hurt
- Watch piercings when in the pits or crowd surfing
HAVE FUN! Use this information to make sure your Vans Warped Tour Experience is a great and memorable one.