- Entertainment and Media
What Lies behind a Smile?
"The Smile Supremacy" - Matt Damon
What’s really behind a Smile?
They say: “You are not fully dressed until you wear a smile.” I smile most of the time, people know that about me. What they don’t know is my smile covers a lot and I have different types of smiles.
- Like everyone, I smile when meeting people for the first time. If I’m teaching a new class I smile to hide my nerves up to break-time.
- I smile when I play with my friends kids and give an encouraging smile when they draw me with a big head and legs like twigs.
- I smile politely and nod my head even when I haven’t got a clue what the conversation is about, but at least they know I gave a listening ear, "without a shadow of doubt.”
- If my eyes look straight into the eyes of a stranger, I give a quick smile and slowly look away. If I eat out and dislike the food, I give an appreciative smile when asked if the food is okay.
- I smile while talking on the phone, it can be heard in my voice. I smile professionally when someone aggravates me at work but would gladly tell them off, given the choice.
Bayon Face, Cambodia
- As a Teen, my biggest smile was for Dad (still is) as I told him I loved him - "the best dad in the world Indeed", he’d respond with a funny, fake smile and ask me: “So, how much do you need?"
- I smile with Embarrassment each time I’m given a gift. I also smile when I read comments on Hubs, they are nice to read and uplift.
What have I learnt?
- A smile can turn a "No" into a "Yes".
- Makes people feel at ease with you.
- If you smile at someone, they will smile back at you – unless they are weird and they think you are weird too, for smiling at them in the first place. Ha!
Thanks zzron on Hubpages - for sharing the song below, in comments.
"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."
Get Traffic and earnings for posting Hub links or photo's at Redgage. Join me: Redgage.
- Silly Quotes To Make You Smile =D
Everyone needs a pick-me-up now and again. Today, I thought that for my 100th hub, I would give all of you a pick-me-up by finding some silly things people have said. We all know people have said stupid...