What's on Your Bucket List? – Things to do Before You Die
Bucket List Ideas
A good bucket list consists of a variety of things one wishes to do before they die.
They're fun to make and can work as an inspiration in life in trying to achieve some goals you might otherwise not try to achieve.
Here's a look at places to go, foods to try, things to learn, hobbies to try, kindness to share and even some silly things to do that are normally outside of most people's everyday lives. Ready to start writing your list?
Nile River Cruise
Travel Bucket List
Do you have a location you've always had a desire to travel to? If so, that would make a great beginning of your list. I love to travel and have been fortunate to do some, but there are still so many places around the world I'd like to visit or to return to. Think about how exciting it would be to do one of the following.
- Take a cruise down the Nile.
- Sip champagne in Paris.
- Go on a safari in South Africa.
- Visit all the Disney theme parks around the world.
- Ride the Bullet Train in Japan.
- Bask on a beach in the Philippines.
- Take in all the history at the Acropolis in Greece.
- Participate in a parade in Rio Carnival in Brazil.
- Go on a walkabout in Australia
- Take a ride on a real space shuttle.
Food Bucket List
We all have our favorite foods. For myself, I love steak. Start me with a shrimp cocktail, a Caesar salad, cup of soup and baked potato. End with chocolate melting cake and I'm in food heaven.
If you could eat anything you wanted, diet aside, what would you try? Here are some foods you might be tempted by. Some are outrageously expensive, while other can pretty easily be prepared at home.
- Japanese Wagyu steak
- European white truffles
- Lobster Frittata
- Beluga caviar
- Crepes Suzette
- Matsutake mushrooms
- Hungarian ghoulash
- Escargot Bourguignonne
- Black watermelon
Have you ever tried any of the food items on the list above?
Gourmet Recipe Book
This book contains over 1,000 recipes from Gourmet Magazine. Enjoy recipes for hors d'oeuvres, salads, pastas, main courses and of course, an assortment of delightful desserts.
Learn to Tango
Cool Talents to Learn
I believe that we all have hidden talents. Sometimes we're lucky enough to be able to explore them, while other times they remain dormant.
Why not take the chance to pursue your personal talent dream. It doesn't matter if you're good at it or not. What's important is that you take the time to try to have fun doing it. You might consider one of the following.
- Write a poem.
- Learn a musical instrument.
- Go to a karaoke bar and sing.
- Take a photography class.
- Audition for a community theater group.
- Draw a self portrait.
- Take a dance lesson.
- Write your memoirs
- Learn gourmet cooking.
- Take up a sport.
Easy Tango Lesson
Learn to relax and enjoy life by taking up a new hobby. Is there something you've always wanted to learn? How about starting a collection of something you like? I love Disney so one of my hobbies is collecting Disney snow globes.
When I was younger, I used to collect keychains. I also enjoyed making my own jewelry. There are still many more hobbies I would like the chance to take up. Anything here sound good to you?
- Learn how to crochet.
- Take up wood working.
- Start a coin collection.
- Learn another language.
- Take up gardening.
- Learn how to read palms
- Feng Shui you home.
- Join a chess club.
- Create photo collages, then display them.
- Learn origami.
Learn the art of paper folding with this fun origami kit which includes paper sheets and a 23 pages illustrated instruction book.
Funny Bucket List Ideas
Life is often serious and for many, life is full of responsibilities. Sometimes it's fun to just cast all of that aside and have some good, clean fun.
Make a list of some of the silly things you've wanted to do, then go ahead and do some of them. Is there a safe practical joke you've always wanted to play?
How about a funny voice you've wanted to learn. Maybe it's to do something you used to do as a kid and loved, but haven't done it since then.
- Go skinny dipping.
- Place a realistic looking spider in a drawer at work and watch people's reactions.
- Hide and squirt people with a squirt gun as they walk by.
- Glue a quarter to the ground and see how many people try to pick it up.
- Dress up in a costume for a day when it isn't Halloween.
- Stand on a street corner and sing "What Does the Fox Say?"
- Stand outside a grocery store and ask people for their ticket to go in.
- Pretend you are Harry Potter. Get a broom stick and ride it through the neighborhood. (Quidditch reference.)
- Teepee someone's house.
- Tell people you've lost your invisible friend and ask them to help you find him.
How to Pamper Yourself
Between having kids, pets, housework and working, I don't have a lot of time to pamper myself. Perhaps you're like me?
When life slows down, I do want to pamper myself more. How about you? Do you always have the extra time, (and/or money,) to do some of those special things to help you relax? See of these are appealing to you.
- Learn to meditate.
- Have an hour long back massage.
- Get a pedicure.
- Spend a day going wine tasting.
- Take a hot air balloon ride.
- Have a make-over.
- Stay overnight at a bed and breakfast.
- Get a facial.
- Buy a hot tub.
- Get a hammock to relax in outdoors on nice days.
Creating a Bucket List
When making a bucket list, for the most part, it should be fun. However, it's also a great opportunity to take a quick serious look at your life and see if there is anything you can do to make a difference.
We all have regrets in life and we can't go back and change the past, but we can do something not only to make ourselves feel better, but to do something nice for someone else.
- Talk to a deceased loved one out loud. If there is something you couldn't tell this person while he/she was still alive, take the time to do it now.
- Prepare a meal and surprise your neighbor with it.
- Forgive someone you weren't able to forgive in the past.
- Send a letter to a soldier overseas.
- Foster an animal until it get adopted into its forever home.
- Visit some people at a residential home. If you play an instrument, entertain them some with your music.
- Go through your things and donate some of the items you don't use to charity.
- Pay the bridge toll for the person behind you.
- Call someone from your past and let the person know the impact knowing this person has had on your life.
- Surprise a child with a gift for no reason and enjoy the reaction you get.
My Bucket List
Many of the things listed here are on my own bucket list, although not all. I wanted to give as much variety as possible.
When making your own list, take your time and think it through. Be sure to put some things on the list that you know you will be able to do, along with things you wish you could do. Remember, you can change it anytime you want.
Bucket lists are made by people of all ages. In some cases, couples like writing one together. Just remember to be sure to have fun when you make it.
Bucket List Book
Answer the questions in this book to help come up with your own personalized list of things to do before you kick the bucket.