Chicken Noodle With Kale Soup
Sometimes you just need some home made chicken noodle soup.
When you aren't feeling well, when it's cold outside, or when you just long for home, there's nothing better than a big batch of homemade chicken noodle soup. This recipe is super easy to follow and super forgivable. If you don't like one of the ingredients, leave it out. If there's something that you want to add, throw it in! You really can't go wrong. As long as there is chicken and noodles, you've got yourself a chicken noodle soup!
I really enjoy adding kale to my soups. It's packed full of vitamins, but it's also got a lot of great flavor. Plus, it adds a vibrant green color which makes this soup even prettier to look at. And when something looks good it usually makes it taste even better!
So next time you have a friend who's under the weather or you just miss those special moments as a kid when your grandma would make you giant bowls full of homemade with love soup, feel free to follow this recipe. But, as always, have fun with it! Make it your own! Cooking should be enjoyed during just as much as it is after.
- About 2 Tablespoons Vegetable or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Bite Size Cuts Of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Chopped Onion
- Around 10 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Sliced Celery Stalks
- 4 Sliced Carrots
- 1 Can Drained Green Beans
- 1 Can Drained Sweet Corn
- 4 Cups Chopped Kale
- 1 Bag Egg Noodles
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Heat up your stock pot with the oil.
- Add the chunks of chicken breasts.
- Add the diced onion.
- Cook until chicken breasts are seared and white in color on all sides.
- Add broth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer on medium heat until all of the veggies are tender.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy. This soup pairs nicely with sourdough garlic bread.