- Entertainment and Media»
- Television & TV Shows
Why I love the Deadliest Catch
The deadliest catch is reality TV at it's finest.
It just can't get any more real than this show.
It just so happens that he was a smoker and on every break for the entire day he would go to the same place as me for his breaks, his name is Freddy Maugatai,at the time he was on the late Phil Harris's boat, the Cornelia Marie but he is now on deck with Keith Colburn's boat, The Wizard.
Freddy is a down to earth person and very nice, we would talk all 15 minutes of every break about the show, needless to say he didn't have to do that for a fan but he did, he is one of a hundred reasons why I love the deadliest catch.
There is so much that goes into making a show like The deadliest catch.
I don't think the average viewer ever really stops to think about it.
I'll start with the TV Production crew or camera men.
- They are risking their life
- They have to do it all
- It is hard to just keep the gear running
- Its the bearing sea
- If you go overboard you die
- Most of the crew, they are filming don't even want them there
- Keith Colburn shoved a cameraman down the whole boat over coffee
Then as the years go by
- It seems like every year someone dies
- It is alway a gamble on whether they even make any money
- The show make you feel like you are part of the crew
- There is always that one wave.....
- it is suspensfull
- it is un-predictable
- it is reality tv at it's best
I'm already looking forward to next year
As a fan of the show, I am glad that they had that laid Phil Harris ashes in the sea, maybe his boys can finally have some closure over their fathers death and get back to really catching crab, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it seems like since Phil died the Cornelia Marie has been a little unlucky.
I thought it was sad that Freddy had to leave and go to the Wizard but I understand that he has a family to take care of and he is better of finacially on The Wizard, in my opinion.
Also what abour Edgar Hansen finally leaving Sig.
I mean it had been the same old story year after year that he needed a break and then this year boom, he finally takes it.
I don't think Sig expected it and I know he didn't like it that Edgar was not with him, but look at what a good job Jake has done in filling in for him.
It seems like yesterday that Jake was the greenhorn, I mean does anyone else remember that Matt and Edgar basically taught him everything he knows and now he is 2nd in command on the Nothwestern, that is kind of mind blowing to me, I wonder why Matt didn't get a chance, maybe because of his trouble with the police I don't know and that is another reason to watch next year.
Some reasons to watch next year
- Will Edgar return?
- Will the Harris brothers get another boat?
- What is gonna happen?
- Will they make quota or go broke?
- Is Colburn gonna toss a caeraman overboard?-Just Kidding
- who is gonna be the greenhorn?
- who is gonna catch the most crab?
I can't answer any of those questions but if I' still around I will be watching to see.
As Always - God Bless Us All