Why Is Scarlett Johansson an Interesting Celebrity?
Scarlett Johansson in 2013 At the San Diego Comic Con International
Scarlett Johansson Makes an Apperance On Hot Ones
Scarlett Johansson is one of the most famous and highly paid actresses in Hollywood today. This article will focus on why she is such an interesting celebrity. The motivation for this article came from the fact that I deeply respect and admire Scarlett not only for her acting work but for what she has done outside of her film roles. Scarlett actually made the news back in April 2019 for her appearance on the Reality TV show Hot Ones as she made the appearance for the final episode of the 8th season with host Sean Evans.
What This Article About Scarlett Johansson Will Cover
This article is actually a commentary on that episode of Hot Ones which now as of July 2019 has over 10,000,000 views! It will also be about some of the most interesting facts about her. Instead of focusing on Scarlett’s career like we did in one of the previous works, this one is going to be a mishmash of interesting aspects of her career. I don’t normally do video commentaries but that’s one of the parts of this next article. It is only fitting to do another article about Scarlett Johansson. After viewing that 2003 movie Lost in Translation, that was the beginning of my interest in the life and career of this Polish/Danish movie star.
Interesting Facts About Scarlett Johansson
- She once applied to the Tisch School of Arts of New York University in 2003 but she was not accepted.
- After the release of Lost in Translation, Scarlett talked about her connection to older men. This is not a surprise to me.
- On a related note, she dated actor Benicio Del Toro who is 17 years older than her.
- Scarlett is a Democrat, having campaigned for John Kerry, now former Secretary of State.
- She also is a big supporter of Barack Obama.
- For her 20th birthday, Johansson celebrated at Disneyland.
- She auditioned for the movie The Parent Trap but that main role eventually went to actress Lindsay Lohan.
- She initially had plans to go to Purchase University with the intent of studying film.
- She has a twin brother named Hunter Johansson and she is three minutes older than him. Scarlett says these three minutes are the most important minutes of her life.
- She got ready for her role in Lost in Translation by living in Japan.
- She does not like cheese.
- She has a sister Fenan from Ethiopia because her mother Melanie Sloan adopted her in 2010.
- She was married to Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds from 2008 to 2011.
- Her ex-husband (one of them) is Romain Dauriac, a journalist from France. Note: Romain and Scarlett separated in January 2017 before divorcing in March 2017.
- She made an appearance in the music video for the song Candy by Mandy Moore.
Scarlett Johansson Makes Her Appearance On "Hot Ones"
What Happens In This Episode of Hot Ones With Scarlett Johansson?
On the hot wings video for Hot Ones, Scarlett is clearly struggling to eat these chicken wings and you will see at the beginning of the video that her mouth is like literally burning! Scarlett also briefly talks about her role as “Black Widow” in the movie called Avengers: Endgame. In this TV show, celebrities basically eat hot wings with a different array of sauces. She won a Tony Award in 2010. During this segment, you can see that Scarlett has to drink water because some of these sauces are just, well, really spicy. The thing about actresses and actors is that they are more than just movie stars. They are people as well. Scarlett Johansson does not have any social media accounts of any kind, which is very rare for a celebrity. At one point in the interview/dinner, Scarlett Johansson takes the huge jug of water and tries to drink out of that! She was asked the question how if in any way is the press coverage different overseas compared to the United States. Scarlett basically says in this long interview that countries have different approaches to things.
© 2019 Ara Vahanian