Beatles - Quick Facts
How did they get started?
- At age 16 John Lennon formed band called the Quarrymen in 1957, It soon became known as the Beatles
-Richard Starkey, otherwise known as "Ringo", was the last to enter the band, and the Beatles as we know it today was created in 1962
-The band broke up in the year 1970
Facts about John
- John Lennon was born on October 9, 1940
- He grew up in the English city Liverpool, and also was born there
- His first band was called the Quarrymen, which soon evolved into the Beatles in 1960
- John Lennon was very into peace and even wrote a song called "Give Peace a Chance"
-Sadly, he was killed in 1975 three weeks after he released one of his newest albums
The Beatles movie "Let it Be" won an Academy Award in 1971 for "Best Original Song Score"
Facts about Paul
- Paul was born on June 18, 1942
- He still performs today at the age of 68
- He and John Lennon formed one of the most influential and successful songwriter partnerships and wrote some very popular songs
- After he left the Beatles, he joined another band called the Wings
- One of his songs "Yesterday" has been played about 7,000,000 times on American television
The Beatles were inspired by Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, and Little Richard
Facts about George
- George was born on February 25, 1943. He died of Lung Cancer in 2001
- In the Rolling stones magazine he is listed number 21 of "100 Greatest Guitarists of all Times"
- He is referred to as the "Quiet Beatle"
- Some of his songs that he wrote include "Here Comes the Sun" and "While my Guitar Gently Weeps"
- He also was a film producer and worked with members as diverse as Monty Python and Madonna
The Beatles influenced the "moptop" hairstyle
Facts about Ringo
- Ringo's full name is actually Richard Starkey
- Ringo was born on July 7, 1940
- Some songs he sung are "The Yellow Submarine" and "With a Little Help From my Friends"
- He was the lead drummer of the Beatles in the year 1962
- He is the most documented member of the beatles