First off, I love this question. Secondly, I actually have three favorites.
1. Rhoda Morgenstern (from The Mary Tyler Moore Show)
- Rhoda is one of the most awesome television characters ever—so awesome that I seriously wish she existed. She tells it like it is—a quality I admire, especially since I'm the complete opposite.
2. Laverne DeFazio (from Laverne & Shirley)
- I am so similar to Laverne that it's not even funny—well, actually, it is pretty funny. I love her! If she existed, I think we would be best friends.
3. Shirley Feeney (from Laverne & Shirley)
- Shirley is amazing. She's the type of person you feel that you can run to with all of your problems and, no matter how bad something might seem, she can always make you feel better.
Besides a time machine, if any dream invention could exist, I would want one that could bring television characters to life.