JGoul profile image 59

In the movie The Recruit, why does Pacino's character tell Farrell to track Layla?

I just watched The Recruit, and I'm wondering - Pacino has the girl smuggling the program out to him. It seems that everything is going according to plan, and then Colin Farrell mucks the works up by investigating too deeply. But I'm wondering why Pacino had Farrell investigate Layla at all. He was going to get the program from Layla, why does he need Farrell at all? It just seems like a completely unneeded moving part in his plan, one more thing that could go wrong. I'm assuming there's a reason, and to be fair, I was half listening, so I very easily could have missed the explanation.

JGoul profile image59

JGoul says

stessily says