Rhonda D Johnson profile image 78

Was the 1970s the last decade of really good music?

My cousin Miraculous describes the music scene in the '90s as "one long horrible open mic night." Since I was deaf during that whole decade, I have to take his word for it. After I got my hearing back, I purchased a song from that time period. It sounded good enough so I bought another song and another. They all sounded alike as if the artist used the same music and just changed the words. I grew up in the 70's when folks actually composed music and the instruments and vocalists responded to each other. What happened?

Larry Wall says

• Rhonda D Johnson profile image

Rhonda D Johnson 5 years ago

That's it, Larry. There are no venues for quality music. As magic is the art of the mage, so music is the art of the museā€”the thinker.People today don't want to think. They want to be a-mused = not think because so many bad things are happening.

MickS profile image76

MickS says