jmartin1344 profile image 92

What are the most important aspects you look for in your definition of a great movie?

Obviously we would love every movie to have a great storyline, great acting, great endings etc.... But I'd like to hear some more specific details - what little niches/aspects/story structures do you love? For example: I am a sucker for very powerful/profound monologues given in a non dramatic way - eg Tommy Lee Jones speech in No Country For Old Men.

heatblast92 profile image79

heatblast92 says

alancaster149 profile image81

Alan R Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• jmartin1344 profile image

jmartin1344 5 years ago

Wow, you know your Michael Caine (and friends)!! That's great though - I definitely know Nigel Green! Fantastic character actor...he was in a favorite of mine "The Masque of the Red Death"... I will IMDB some of those other names! Thanks!

AhalitaMoonfire profile image61

AhalitaMoonfire says

• jmartin1344 profile image

jmartin1344 5 years ago

Definitely - a great twist is the best. That is why I try not to read up on films before hand or read reviews - I remember going to see Saw on a complete impulse having never heard of it. For that reason it blew me away because I had no clue

madelineyochum profile image60

madelineyochum says

• jmartin1344 profile image

jmartin1344 5 years ago

Wes Anderson is fantastic. I am desperate to see Moonrise Kingdom.

Totally agree on the soundtracks - I remember watching a film called Ondine. The film was decent but the soundrack made it so much better because it was just perfect.

VeronicaInspires says