kygirl89 profile image 60

Why aren't there more political protest songs today?

Rosana Modugno profile image84

Rosana Modugno says

• kygirl89 profile image

kygirl89 4 years ago

Yes, it would seem that most of them aren't main stream today. I've always wanted to write these kinds of songs and it seems that every day I am finding more material to do so. This kind of music is eye opening and I would love to hear more of it.

xstatic profile image61

Jim Higgins (xstatic) says

• kygirl89 profile image

kygirl89 4 years ago

Yes, rap and hip hop are very different around the world and in many countries, in the Middle East especially, this genre of music is used for protest. Here though sadly rap and hip hop seen to be only about money.

• kygirl89 profile image

kygirl89 4 years ago

Maybe. These songs can be about anything to do with politics though. They don't necessarily have to be about the war.