Has gossip affected you personally in your life, that you know of?

I am reminded of the scripture at Proverbs 17:9, "He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends." Has this been known to be true in your life, where due to gossip, close friends have been separated? Thank you for answering.

hfortinberry profile image60

Best Answer H.B. Fortinberry (hfortinberry) says

• hfortinberry profile image

H.B. Fortinberry (hfortinberry) 3 years ago

I also have been spoken about negatively, particularly, by family who do not understand my love of the Lord. But that's just persecution, and I don't take that personally. Loveofnight, I'm so sorry about what your brother had to endure!

CraftytotheCore profile image98

CraftytotheCore says

Wow, Crafty, bless your heart. You have endured much at the hands of relatives and have shown yourself a bigger person by your response to such nonsense. Thank you for sharing and for leaving the powerful Proverbs at 6:16!!! You have a good heart!

MarleneB profile image94

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) says

Hi Marlene, oh my goodness! How sad and, yes, what kind of thinking indeed? So those two will probably go on to get rid of more in this manner? Boy, that is a harsh reality right there and sad as to one's ethics and character ...

teaches12345 profile image93

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) says

Dear teaches, wow, you have stated a great truth here of exactly what gossip is indeed! The tongue is small but can bring much harm to another or can uplift another, it is our choice. It does take a long time to recover. Blessings!

PoeticPhilosophy profile image77

PoeticPhilosophy says

Thank you so much PoeticPhilosophy for answering the question. It is also hard when one is misunderstood indeed.

Dan Kutuapi profile image81

Dan Kutuapi says

Dear Dan Katuapai, I am so sorry about your experience with gossip! Bless you for being the man you are and truth won out in the end. I am afraid you are right about it will always exist. You are setting a high standard and people do notice!

loveofnight profile image81

loveofnight says

Hi loveofnight, oh, I am so sorry your brother had to experience such a horrible ordeal of lies Well, I am glad he did take her to court! My goodness, that is extreme. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Faith Reaper

phillippeengel profile image71

CDX (phillippeengel) says

Thank you so much for answering, phillippeengel. Yes, you are certainly right and that is the end result for sure.

The Frog Prince profile image76

The Frog Prince says

hehehe TFP ... no, well ... just that I did vote for you in one obvious category on the Hubbies : ) Hugs

DDE profile image13

Devika Primić (DDE) says

Hi DDE, I am sorry you have to be subjected to such dear friend. Yes, close friend are separated indeed by such and possibly forever. Really sad, when it does not have to be so. Hugs