wordswithlove profile image 77

Facing the World without Facebook?

I often wonder how many of us today do not have a Facebook account. If we don't, are we among the "faceless" minority of a world saturated with "faces" that everyone and anyone can see? Are we handicapped by our lack of presence on the book that describes, defines, elucidates, elaborates us to the world at large? Yes, I wonder. I wonder because I do not have an account there and do not feel tempted to have one either. Frankly, it mortifies me to think I could be an "open" book! But that is just me. Maybe, I am just happy to be faceless.

Penny G profile image74

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• wordswithlove profile image

Neetu M (wordswithlove) 3 years ago

I hear you, Penny. I have heard that from a lot of people and the world is harsh enough as it is, without worrying about bringing more of that into your home.

• wordswithlove profile image

Neetu M (wordswithlove) 3 years ago

I am so glad to meet you, fpherj! I totally get that spookiness of the shadowed person in the Twilight Zone that haunted you. Once etched into the waves of the cyber world, it stays surprisingly and obstinately unerasable.

• wordswithlove profile image

Neetu M (wordswithlove) 3 years ago

Thank you, Sheila! No, I am not missing much at all. :)