Sara Psychedelic profile image 81

SOS! Can people with softer voices still have a music career?

I've always had a more softer voice when I sing, and I have a lot of trouble amplifying it. A long time ago I read an interview with Baby Spice in which she admitted that because of this flaw she has specific techniques for the microphone like holding it closer etc. I really want to start performing but I am afraid that maybe my kind of voice just isn't meant to be. My friend/mentor reminded me of people like Neil Young who have softer voices but are still powerful. Wondering if anyone else has faced the same obstacles, and if/how they bypassed this!

danicole profile image81

danicole says

• Sara Psychedelic profile image

Sara Psychedelic 3 years ago

So funny that you mentioned Jlo because that's my lady! No one can top her in my eyes, but I see what you are saying. Thanks for the encouragement