N8Ball profile image 60

What is with today's Media?

So growing up there were certain inuendo's or activities that were a sin to broadcast on television or in the theatre. However, in today's world, it seems as if nothing is off limits. For instance, I recently saw a preview for a new movie titled "DOPE"...nice title right? This movie is not only going to show drugs and sexual references, but it is promoting them as being NORMAL AND COOL. Now I know it is rated R, but come on, that never stopped anyone under age from viewing a movie at some point. I have 5 nephews and a neice, and to be honest, I'm terrified of the media pressure they will face.

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• N8Ball profile image

Nathanial Rohr (N8Ball) 2 years ago

I see your main point that no matter what under age are always going to get there hands on inappropriate material, including my family, and I completely agree. It just seems that today a majority of media outlets are pushing them to make that choice.

TeriSilver profile image99

Teri Silver (TeriSilver) says

Larry Wall 2 years ago

Mr. Cronkite was not my favorite anchor, but what he told you was absolutely correct. I to am an old school journalist, worked as a reporter and as an editor. Keeping new reporters to stick to the facts and leave the opinions at home was a difficult.

chuckandus6 profile image75

Nichol marie (chuckandus6) says

prettynutjob30 profile image87

Mary (prettynutjob30) says

• N8Ball profile image

Nathanial Rohr (N8Ball) 2 years ago

Great minds think alike! Reality TV stars are seen as role models by young boys (and especially girls) which is what I'm most concerned with. There used to be wholesome family shows on prime time TV, now only time you can watch those are re-runs.

Akriti Mattu profile image77

Akriti Mattu says

• N8Ball profile image

Nathanial Rohr (N8Ball) 2 years ago

I agree 100%, every reporter wants to break a story, and try to make it as extreme as possible one side or the other. Unfortunately as time goes on it looks like that will become the norm and even more irresponsible.