purl3agony profile image 98

What is your favorite movie that didn't get the media or critical attention you think it deserved?

What is your favorite movie that either didn't get the media attention or didn't receive the critical acclaim you think it deserved? Two movies come to mind for me: "Snow Falling on Cedars," a film adaption of the novel, starring Ethan Hawke. I thought this movie would sweep the Oscars when it came out, but it was only in the theaters for about a week and then disappeared. And also "Betsy's Wedding", a comedy starring Alan Alda and Molly Ringwald. I never remember this movie being in the theaters, but it pops up on cable tv quite regularly. What are your favorites or recommendations?

• purl3agony profile image

Donna Herron (purl3agony) 21 months ago

I can't say I've heard of it either. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for your answer!

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• purl3agony profile image

Donna Herron (purl3agony) 21 months ago

Yes, Cumberbatch is good in everything he's in. I liked the "Imitation Game" and look forward to seeing Benedict in more and different roles. If you haven't seen it, you might like "The Theory of Everything" with Eddie Redmayne. Thanks!!

wingedcentaur profile image85

William Thomas (wingedcentaur) says

• purl3agony profile image

Donna Herron (purl3agony) 21 months ago

I've heard of the Abe Lincoln film, but haven't seen it. I think I have seen "Bad Company" on cable. I'll have to look for it again. My husband and I saw "Boyhood" by Rich Linklater and really liked it. We'll have to see "Waking Life" too. Thanks