janshares profile image 90

What made "Earth, Wind, and Fire" one of (if not the best) R&B/Funk bands of all time?

The founder of EWF, Maurice White, passed away yesterday. What a loss of a genius music maker. What was it about him and the band that made them so awesome? What are your favorite songs?

• janshares profile image

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) 13 months ago

You said it all so well, my fellow funkster. That's the cover of my favorite album you posted, the "I am" album? No band of musicians comes close to what they did for American music. Thanks for joining in the grief/celebration party.

pattyfloren profile image79

Patty Florence (pattyfloren) says

• janshares profile image

Yes, they were (are) beautiful. I was crazy about Verdeen White and his amazing energy as he played that guitar. I've seen them in concert 3 times. Their concerts were unmatched, complete with magic acts. Thanks for participating in the remembrances.

word55 profile image79

Word (word55) says

• janshares profile image

Thank you word55, for offering that valuable history about EWF. You are absolutely on point about their uniqueness as a band and the influences they had on so many musicians. The music lives forever but I'll miss Maurice.

gmwilliams profile image82

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• janshares profile image

Thank you Grace, for this wonderful tribute. You speak truth as to the level of their music and the impact it had on our souls and consciousness. So many favorites: "In the Stone," "Wait," "That's the Way of the World," "Fantasy," and "Reasons."