wingedcentaur profile image 84

Do you believe that the Borg, from Star Trek, have the right to life?

As you know, the Borg from Star Trek, are the cyborg creatures who go around saying: "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated." They have to assimilate other species---biologically and technologically---to survive. Is it possible to untangle who they are from what they do? If a Borg attacks a planet, in preparation to assimilate its sentient species, along with their technology; and the Federation helps the planet under Borg attack, are the Federation interfering with the rights of the Borg?

Besarien profile image84

Besarien says

• wingedcentaur profile image

William Thomas (wingedcentaur) 16 months ago

Besarien. How's it going? To tell the truth, I did not know that the Borg do not absolutely have to assimilate other species; I thought they did. Tell me: Do you think the fact that they choose to do what they need not do makes them "evil"?

• wingedcentaur profile image

Let's me ask you this: Aren't the Borg as much a process (assimilation), as they are a species of BEING? If so, how do you untangle the two?

peter565 says

• wingedcentaur profile image

Hi peter565! How's it going? I guess I was asking us to utilize both fantasy and reality in tackling the question. I was asking this with the assumption that the Borg must assimilate other species to survive, to live.