R2-D2: The Coolest Droid Ever
R2-D2: The Coolest Droid Ever
R2-D2 is the spunky little astromech droid who repeatedly saves the day in all six Star Wars movies.
R2-D2 is the coolest droid ever - Watch this video and see for yourself
Six Random Reasons R2-D2 is the Coolest Droid
- He kicks butt to rescue the humans and save the galaxy.
- He speaks in beeps and screams.
- He knows how to push C-3PO's buttons.
- He has loads of tools and gadgets.
- He makes a really cool mailbox.
- He's George Lucas's favorite, and that guy knows droids.
R2-D2 has been cool for thirty years
R2-D2 has really cool gadgets and tools
- Booster rockets
- Cable gun
- Oil injector
- Claw arm
- Fusion welder
- Holoprojector / Recorder
- Electric pike
- Hidden lightsaber compartment with ejector
- Fire Extinguisher / Smoke Screen
- Small Saw
- Air Cannon
- Submarine Mode
- Collapsible Umbrella
- Flea Remover
- Headdress Detangler
- Droid Deactivator
- Computer Interface Arm
- Charge Arm (electric shock)
- Life-form Scanner
- Breakdance Mode
- Polarity sink
- Inflatable mattress
- Media copy / storage disc drive
- Small red "tongue" ribbon
- "Confetti-creation device"
R2-D2 is a role model for kids
R2-D2 knows how to push C-3PO's buttons
so to speak
In the six Star Wars movies, R2-D2's dialog consists of beeps and squeaks, most of which really get on C-3PO's nerves. Here are some C-3PO quotes in response to R2-D2.
- My obtuse little friend. If they had needed our help, they would have asked for it. You obviously have a lot to learn about human behavior.
- For a mechanic, you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking.
- I beg your pardon. What do you mean I'm naked? My parts are showing? Oh, my goodness. How embarrassing!
- Don't you call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease!
- R2-D2, you know better than to trust a strange computer!
- No. We're not interested in the hyperdrive on the Millennium Falcon, it's fixed. Just open the door, you stupid lug.
- You must come along now R2! It's getting cold and my joints are freezing up. [R2 beeps] Don't say things like that! Of course we'll see Master Luke again and he'll be quite all right! Stupid little short-circuit! He'll be quite all right.
- No, I don't think he likes you at all. No, I don't like you either.
- I would much rather have gone with Master Luke than stay here with you. I don't know what all this trouble is about, but I'm sure it must be your fault. [angry beeps from R2] You watch your language!
- I've just about had enough of you. Go that way. You'll be malfunctioning within a day, you near-sighted scrap pile. And don't let me catch you following me begging for help because you won't get it.
- That malfunctioning little twerp, this is all his fault.
- Don't insult me, you overgrown scrap pile!
R2-D2 is a robot with a heart
R2-D2 makes a really cool mailbox
R2-D2 on Wikipedia
R2-D2 (called R2, or "Artoo" for short), is a fictional character in the Star Wars universe. R2 is one of the only four characters - the others being Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and droid companion C-3PO - to appear in all six Star Wars films. He and C-3PO are arguably one of the most famous duos in film history.
The original R2-D2 chassis was specially created by Australian firm Petric Engineering and was precision made to a high standard with high tolerances. R2-D2 was played by Kenny Baker in five of the six Star Wars films, (though credited with appearing in Revenge of the Sith, he never filmed any scenes) with many scenes filmed using mechanical and computer-generated imagery (CGI) versions of the character.