Peter Pan Quotes
Peter Pan or the ‘boy who wouldn’t grow up’ is one of the most loved and popular characters, created by the novelist and playwright, J.M. Barrie (1860 – 1937). Here are some Peter Pan quotes for you: -
- "You see, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
- "Do you know, why swallows build in the eaves of houses? It is to listen to the stories."
- “There ought to be one fairy for every boy and girl.”
- “All you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!”
- “I'll teach you to ride on the wind's back, and away we go!”
"EVERY TIME A CHILD SAYS,
I DON'T BELIEVE IN FAIRIES,
THERE IS A FAIRY SOMEWHERE THAT FALLS DOWN DEAD."
- “I ran away the day I was born. It was because I heard father and mother talking about what I was to be when I became a man.”
- "If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"
- “You see, I don’t know any stories. None of the lost boys know any stories.”
- “Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
- “I don’t want to go to school and learn solemn things. I don’t want to be a man.”
"I DONT WANT EVER TO BE A MAN. i WANT ALWAYS TO BE A LITTLE BOY AND TO HAVE FUN."
"Of all the delectable islands the Neverland is the snuggest and most compact, not large and sprawly, you know, with tedious distances between one adventure and another, but nicely crammed. When you play at it by day with the chairs and table-cloth, it is not in the least alarming, but in the two minutes before you go to sleep it becomes very nearly real. That is why there are night-lights." (Peter Pan, the book)
- “So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!”
- “Since I was little, this is my favorite place to come.”
“Neverland is always more or less an island, with astonishing splashes of colour here and there, and coral reefs and rakish-looking craft in the offing, and savages and lonely lairs, and gnomes who are mostly tailors, and caves through which a river runs…” (Peter Pan, the book)
- "I wasn't crying about mothers, I was crying because I can't get my shadow to stick on. Besides, I wasn't crying."
"Don't have a mother,”
“Discipline. That's what fathers believe in.”
"Oh, the cleverness of me!"
- "I am the best there ever was!"
- "All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."
"TO DIE WOULD BE AN AWFULLY BIG ADVENTURE."
Wendy: “Don't you know what a kiss is?”
Peter: “I shall know when you give me one.”
Wendy: “Peter, you won't forget me, will you?”
Peter: “Me? Forget? Never.”
Wendy: “Will you ever come back?”
Peter: “To hear stories... About me.”
Wendy: “Peter, what are your exact feelings for me?”
Peter: “Those of a devoted son, Wendy.”
Wendy: “I thought so…” (sitting by herself at the extreme end of the room.)
Peter: “You are so queer, and Tiger Lily is just the same. There is something she wants to be to me, but she says it is not my mother.”
Wendy: “No, indeed, it is not.”
"FORGET THEM. FORGET THEM ALL. COME WITH ME WHERE YOU'LL NEVER NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GROWN UP THINGS AGAIN."
Peter: “One girl is more use than 20 boys.”
Wendy: “You really think so?
Peter: "Yes, I do."
Wendy: “Sir, you are both ungallant and deficient!”
Peter: “How am I deficient?”
Wendy: “You're just a boy.”
Peter: “I want always to be a boy, and have fun.”
Wendy: “You say so, but I think it is your biggest pretend.”
Peter: “Well I will not grow up! You cannot make me! I will banish you like Tinkerbell.”
Wendy: “I will not be banished!”
Peter: “Then go home. Go home and grow up. And take your feelings with you!”
"I TAUGHT YOU TO FIGHT AND FLY. WHAT MORE COULD THERE BE?"
Wendy: “But where do you live mostly now?”
Peter: “With the lost boys.”
Wendy: “Who are they?”
Peter: “They are the children who fall out of their prams when the nurse is looking the other way. If they are not claimed in seven days, they are sent to the Neverland to defray expanses. I'm captain."
Wendy: "What fun it must be!"
Peter: “Yes, but we are rather lonely. You see we have no female companionship."
Wendy: “Are none of the others girls?"
Peter: “Oh no; girls, you know, are much too clever to fall out of their prams."
Hook: "Who and what art thou?
Peter: “I'm youth. I'm joy. I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg."
Hook: “If I were you, I'd give up!”
Peter: “If you were me... I'd be ugly!”
Hook: "So, Pan, this is all your doing."
Peter: "Ay, James Hook, it is all my doing."
Hook: "Proud and insolent youth, prepare to meet thy doom."
Peter: "Dark and sinister man, have at thee."
- "Absence makes the heart grow fonder... Or forgetful."
- "Faint hearts never won fair lady."
- “Don’t you understand Tink, you mean more to me than anything in the whole world!”
"NEVER SAY GOODBYE BECAUSE GOODBYE MEANS GOING AWAY AND GOING AWAY MEANS FORGETTING."