- Entertainment and Media
Sleeping Beauty (The Disney One)
Millions of little girls in America and around the world adore the Disney Princesses, especially Sleeping Beauty. This lens is all about Aurora... from a cute cake recipe, to shopping, to traveling to Orlando, you and your little princess will be happy with what you find here. Enjoy!
Once upon a time, in a kingdom far away, a beautiful princess was born ... a princess destined by a terrible curse to prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and become Sleeping Beauty. Masterful Disney animation and Tchaikovsky's celebrated musical score enrich the romantic, humorous and suspenseful story of the lovely Princess Aurora, the tree magical fairies Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, and the valiant Prince Phillip, who vows to save his beloved princess. Phillips bravery and devotion are challenged when he must confront the overwhelming forces of evil conjured up by the wicked and terrifying Maleficent. Embark on a spectacular adventure of unprecedented scale and excitement in this thrilling, timeless Disney Classic.
[From the cover of the Sleeping Beauty Laserdisc]
Music from the 1959 movie.
1.Main Title/Once Upon a Dream/Prologue
2.Hail to the Princess Aurora
3.The Gifts of Beauty and Song/Maleficent
4.Appears/True Love Conquers All
5.The Burning of the Spinning Wheels/The Fairies' Plan
7.A Cottage in the Woods
8.Do You Hear That?/I Wonder
9.An Unusual Prince/Once Upon a Dream
10.Magical House Cleaning/Blue or Pink
11.A Secret Revealed
12.Skumps (Drinking Song)/The Royal Argument
13.Prince Phillip Arrives/How to Tell Stefan
14.Aurora's Return/Maleficent's Evil Spell
15.Poor Aurora/Sleeping Beauty
17.A Fairy Tale Come True
18.Battle with the Forces of Evil
Sleeping Beauty Books
Sleeping Beauty TV
Special Edition Sleeping Beauty DVD
Disney Princess School Supplies
Princess Cake Pans on Amazon - I search every day for a Sleeping Beauty cake pan that I can offer on this lens but I just can't find one. The minute I find one
For your little princess!
Princess Castle Cake
Surprise and delight a princess with a storybook cake! The baking pan and simple candies are the secrets.
Prep Time:45 min
Start to Finish:2 hr 35 min
1 box Betty CrockerÂ® SuperMoistÂ® white cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
1 to 2 teaspoons red food color
1 can (6.4 oz) Betty CrockerÂ® Easy Flow pink decorating icing
1 cup round colored candies
11 banana-shaped hard candies
11 candy wafers
1/2 cup pillow mints
Small candy-coated gum pieces, if desired
4 Betty CrockerÂ® crazy curl candles
1. Heat oven to 325Â°F. Generously grease Nordic WareÂ® Castle BundtÂ® cake pan with shortening and lightly flour, or spray pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, egg whites and food color with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into pan.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack; remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. Place cake on 12- to 15-inch serving plate, tray or piece of cardboard covered with foil. Pipe pink icing around base of cake; place round candies in 3 rows around base in icing. Add round candies to top of castle as desired, attaching with icing.
5. Pipe icing to outline window shapes on cake; top each window with 1 banana-shaped candy. Push 1 candy wafer, flat side up, into cake at bottom edge of each window to look like windowsill. Pipe icing to outline door, roof and entrance of castle. Place mints in icing at entrance of castle to look like walkway. Add gum to rooftop for shingles. Top each tower with candle.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase water to 1 1/2 cups; decrease oil to 2 tablespoons. Beat on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 3 minutes. Bake cake 40 to 45 minutes.