Easy Pranks and Pulling Practical Jokes
The best pranks and practical jokes
The best pranks and practical jokes are the clever ones where everyone has a good laugh, including the person who was prank on. They are not meant to harm anyone but done in good clean fun.
Pranks and practical jokes are played in almost all cultures and levels of society. But what tickles our funny bones differ widely based on gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status and nationality.
Popular programs like Candid Camera and Just for laughs play practical jokes on unsuspecting people to entertain and keep audience in stitches.
Some pranks are traditionally perform during special holidays like April Fools' Day, Halloween and Holy Innocents' Day.
Categories of Pranks and Practical jokes
• Pretending to be someone else in order to play a joke on the recipient_telephone "crank calls".
• Computer practical jokes; causing the victim's PC to malfunction or signing them up for multiple spam e-mail.
• Visual deception; misrepresenting ordinary object like swapping the signs on restrooms.
• Booby trapping; a pail of water above the doorway to the more diabolical like ringing the doorbell and then running away (ding dong ditch em') while leaving a bag of poo for the victim to step on when they come out of the house to investigate.
• Malicious mischief pranks that deface or damage property_spray painting walls.
• Pantsing or debagging; is a form of bullying prank. It involves the pulling down of an unsuspecting man's pants in public. Sharking is the term use when it involves the pulling down of women's tops or trousers. An illegal act in most places.
• Media hoax; false reporting or fake documentaries to prank the public_Orson Welles' 1938 radio broadcast of an adaptation of H.G.Wells' War of the worlds. It led people to believe a martian invasion was taking place and caused mass hysteria.
• Psychological Pranks; Messing up the victim's mind to make them self-conscious or paranoid_two girls across you giggling and whispering to each other while staring at your face.
Late for work?
Fun and Easy Pranks for the family
Why go to great lengths to pull off elaborate pranks when there are simpler practical jokes you can play on your family during April Fools Day or any ordinary day (Be spontaneous). A good way of bonding with the children and have fun acting like an overgrown kid. Create memories that will be cherish and fondly remembered.
1. Scrape out the cream of Oreo cookies and fill them with minty delicious white toothpaste
2. Fill a kitchen cupboard with small plastic balls like ping pong balls for a bouncing shower of balls.
3. Mix up the spices and sauces. Sugar into salt shaker and salt in the sugar jar. Coke for soy sauce, water for vinegar, baking soda for flour. Add hot sauce in cat-sup.
4. Add food coloring to milk that comes in cardboard container.
5. Hard boil all the eggs and return to refrigerator, or glue them back on the carton container.
6. Reset the alarm clock or better yet hide several alarm clocks in someone's bedroom set at 3:00 a.m.
7. Advance all the clocks in the house one hour. Watch the pandemonium as everyone rushes off to work or school while you leisurely enjoy a cup of coffee.
8. Offer to do a magic trick by balancing two tall glass of water on each hand (palms down) of the victim, then walk away. (or ask them to wait while you go get something you forgot to complete the magic trick.)
9. Come home with band-aids on your face, your uniform muddied and torn and say you got into a fight and might be expelled. Tell your parents the school principal wants to talk to them.
10. Glue the roll of toilet paper so it can't unroll. Leave that in the bathroom but take away or hide the rest of the supply.
11. Bunch some tissue paper and place it in the toes of your victim's shoe.
12. Crack a walnut along the central seam. Put in different stuffing then glue the two halves back together. Suggested items; an almond or peanut, a fortune cookie message, corn starch or flour, a small toy.
Educational institutions do not only promote learning but have also produce some of the most innovative and outrageous pranks. Annual pranks have become traditional in some colleges, with incoming students trying to outdo previous performance. Pranks are common among fraternity rivalries. Practical jokes also provide relief during stressful periods like the finals.
Gags cut across a wide gamut. From using technical skills to pull off difficult pranks like putting a car on top of a building or suspended on bridges, to practical jokes perform on unwary roommates; posting videos or photos taken during awkward moments in bulletin boards and the internet, putting trash or trashing their rooms, and simply being annoying when roommates have to focus on their studies or are trying to get some shut-eye; humming a tune can be irritating if done constantly..
A very short history of April Fools' day
April Fools' day is believe to have originated in France. Around the I6th century, Pope Gregory-XIII change the calendar used in Europe at that time, moving New Year's day from April 1 to January 1. Because news traveled slowly in those days, a large number of people were unaware or refuse to accept the new calendar change. They continued to celebrate the New Year on April I, so they were called April fools. People ridiculed and played tricks on them.
This day of "fools" gradually became a yearly tradition in the Western world. It is a source of great amusement to many people but also much consternation to the victims of April fool's day pranks.
Reasons why people play pranks and practical jokes on others
• Humans like to be entertained, even at the expense of other people.
• Pranks are a fun activity that gratify our playful nature
• It can serve as an icebreaker, to ease a taut situation or relax a tense atmosphere.
• Being silly or whacky is a way to unwind and relieve stress.
• When the prank becomes deliberately harmful, it turns into a form of bullying.
The psychology behind practical jokes and pranks
•Children use harmless pranks as a form of social interaction. This behavior continues throughout life. Practical jokes serve to test social bonds and bring social groups together.
•When use in a positive way, it helps integrate people into a new setting. The new individual is put through a kind of rite of passage before being accepted into the group.
•People who have been taken in by a practical joke increase their self-awareness and became more cognizant of their potential weakness when interacting with new individuals.
Practical jokes at the office
Relieve stress and boredom from office routine and bring some laughter and smiles on the faces of your co-workers.
1. Place adhesive tape under someone's computer mouse so it won't work.
2. Paint the tip of all the pens and pencil on your office mate's desk with clear nail polish, or super glue the pen cup of the pens.
3. Put an "Out of order" sign on a restroom door with direction to use one at the far end or upper floor of the building. Place another similar sign on the second restroom that direct users to the previous one.
4, Place Cling-film over all the toilet seat in the office restroom - an old prank but still good for some laugh.
5. Take a screenshot of a co-worker's computer desktop. Set the screenshot as a wallpaper, then hide all the icons and the task-bar.
6. Switch the controls of the left and right mouse buttons. Now, set the scrolling speed of the mouse to the slowest.
7.Get packaging tape and wrap the fire extinguisher on the work station chair of an unsuspecting office-mate.
8. Stand at the back as you and your co-workers take the elevator. Fake a sneeze and then spray water from a hidden atomizer on the back of their neck.
9. Switch the entire contents of two office mate's desk that are adjacent to each other. Watch the momentary confusion as their mind try to comprehend the visual deception.
10. While conversing with a co-worker, keep staring at a specific spot on their face or neck the entire time. Use facial expressions; widen your eyes, appear to be suppressing a smile or furrow your brows looking puzzled. Make them paranoid. They'll head straight for a mirror after the conversation.
11. You're with a group of co-workers having a coffee break. Someone walks away momentarily, perhaps to get something. When they return, let everyone suddenly stop talking while you start snickering. When the victim ask what's so funny, just look at their coffee and say "oh,nothing" and chuckle some more. Chances are, they'll suspect you place something in their coffee and won't want it anymore. More effective if the office prankster is among the group.
12. Cover the door frame of a commonly use door with clear plastic wrap.
13. With a moist bar of soap draw or scribble on the windshield of your office-mate's car. If the car door happen to be unlock, do it on the inside as well.
Planning a prank or practical joke
• Think out of the box. Be innovative. Give old and classical pranks a clever twist but keep it simple.
• Observe your surroundings. Look for the best place to carry out the prank. Avoid risky areas. Make sure you have total control of the situation as the prank or practical joke plays out, and your victim will not be in any danger or serious harm.
• Check the materials the prank will be using, to see if they are working. If the prank or practical joke requires more than one person, do a dry run and work out the kinks, so you and your fellow conspirators are in sync.
• Choose your victims carefully. Make sure they have a sense of humor.
• Calmly carry out the prank. Have yourself a good laugh, preferably with the person you played the practical joke on. But be quick to apologize if the person didn't find it funny.
• Keep in mind that a practical joke should be playful and the intention is not to be deliberately mean or hurtful. Don't overdo it or too often on the same person. That would be bullying. Just because they're the quiet and unassuming type, does not mean they can't pack a wallop.
If you are the butt of the prank or practical joke
You're expected to be a good sport, to grin and bear it, no matter how upset or bruise your pride. Try to take in the experience through the perspective of an observer and not victim. Laugh at yourself by not taking the situation seriously.
Understand that everything that happened was in good fun and accept it gracefully. Besides, there are always opportunities to turn the tables against the prankster. Don't get mad, get even.
Consider the psychological effects on the victim, as well as the disciplinary or legal ramifications that may arise from the prank or practical joke.
Have a good time but be safe.
Go Silly, Happy April Fools' Day!
Got any easy pranks and practical jokes you want to share?