Is it possible to download Netflix instant streaming movies?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image48
    strewdrewposted 7 years ago

Is it possible to download Netflix instant streaming movies?

Netflix is quite useful for me when it comes to instant streaming movies and tv shows, but I wonder if it would be also possible to download or save instant streaming movies or tv episodes from Netflix to computer.

If you got any idea on how to save Netflix movie streams, give me a couple of hints.Thanks.

2. frugalfamily profile image70
    frugalfamilyposted 7 years ago

Not legally.  If you are looking for a way to do this illegally then you are in the wrong place.  You can however buy downloads from amazon prime.

3. richieray profile image51
    richierayposted 7 years ago

Hmmm, dunno what to say.

I also use Netflix to watch streaming movies and catch up with some favorite tv series, but I do not recall seeing round there any feature that would also let you download and save Netflix movies or videos to you computer.

Dvd rentals and instant Netflix movies streaming is all you can get from them, Netflix movie downloads services are not offered.

Sorry, have to say as far as I have seen it's not possible to download movies and tv shows from Netflix.

1. Neil Conde profile image57
      Neil Condeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

legally netflix subscribers are allowed to use thier comp like a dvr .sites like playlater turn a pc or mac into a dvr which is different than owning.net neutrailty act was a victory for us all,stream services cant tell us how to watch a show we rent

4. allanredd profile image58
    allanreddposted 7 years ago

I don't know if it was actually possible at some point to capture and download streaming movies or videos from Netflix instant streaming subscription to computer hard disk, but as far as I recall reading round the internet Netflix uses some silverlight player for the movies you wanna get and watch online from your Netflix instant streaming subscription.

What's this got to do with your question on how to download Netflix streaming movies?

Well pretty simple, this means that streaming movies from Netflix also have some protection on them that most likely will stop you to catch and download Netflix movies or videos or tv episodes in any way.

Bummer, I know.

1. Neil Conde profile image57
      Neil Condeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

2010 sup court said that rec is legal,downloading isnt.app's like play later,basically turns your pc/mac into a dvr.cable tried to stop tivo and dvr's when they came out,but like netflix ,the court says they cant tell us when or where&how we watc

5. profile image47
    meethkeithposted 7 years ago

Actually, not 100% sure though, there are a couple of work arounds that would allow you to capture and download Netflix instant streaming movies and videos to computer hard disk.

Just do a google search on download Netflix movies or how to download Netflix streaming movies or anything like this  and see what you come up.

Pretty sure there are some solutions worth checking out, suppose you can try a couple of them and see if they are still working to download and save instant streaming movies or tv episodes from Netflix subscription.

6. profile image46
    georgegreenposted 7 years ago

Hmm, think the best solution to find out how to download and save streaming movies or tv episodes from Netflix subscription would be to look around the internet.

Surely you are not the only one who wants to find put how to download movies from Netflix, others should have already thought about this and figured out some solutions that can help you as well capture and download Netflix instant movie streaming.

As someone already mentioned round here, a web search on download Netflix movies or how to download movies from Netflix subscription might be helpful, if you ask me.

7. profile image46
    patrickh44posted 7 years ago

Not impossible to download Netflix movies but not that easy to capture and download movies from your Netflix instant streaming subscription either, especially since they use the silverlight based player for Netflix instant streaming movies you can get from your Netflix subscription.

Suppose this should give you a head start in trying out a couple of ways that might work to capture, download and save Netflix instant streaming movies:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy& … d+netflix+

Hope I was helpful, good luck with your search!

8. profile image48
    chasechaserposted 7 years ago

Tough question I think, never crossed my mind that I could try to download and save streaming movies or some fave tv episodes from Netflix streaming subscription.

What about this solution to capture and download Netflix instant streaming movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hbS5cnK-YI

Found it on youtube looking for tuts on how to download movies from Netflix.

Who knows, might still work.

9. profile image45
    daniels56posted 7 years ago

Good point, though you guys are not looking at the easiest way out of this little problem with how to download movies from Netflix.

Instead of trying to figure out how to catch and download Netflix movies from the web, which is anyway complicated because they use the Silverlight based player for movies streaming that probably prevents you to do this, you can try to look at some alternate ways to save Netflix movies.

Think you can try to capture and record Netflix instant streaming movies and tv episodes with some sort of screen recorder program.

There must be plenty of screen capture or screen recorder apps on the web to try for the job.

10. profile image47
    simcharliesposted 7 years ago

The bottom line for you is that it is pretty much not that possible to capture and download movies from Netflix  because they use some silverlight based player and you cannot download protected Netflix streams.

However to record Netflix videos is a good alternate solution; since you simply record Netfix instant streaming movies from the screen of your computer you do not mess with the protection in any way.

So screen capture software can solve this for you, though you need to use some screen recorder app powerful enough to record Netflix movies without any glitches.

Think this one might do it for you:

http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_str … tflix.html

I haven't used this Audials Netflix Recorder app, but as far as I saw from there it's able to capture, record and save instant streaming movies and videos from Netflix subscription without any issues.

Should be interesting to give it a spin to see how it works to capture Netflix movies for you.

11. profile image48
    strewdrewposted 7 years ago

Hey simcharlies,

Thanks for the idea on that Audials Netflix Recorder piece of software, will try it out and see if it works good to capture record and save Netflix watch instantly movies or tv episodes. Hope it's something easy to use.

You guys have really helped me find a solution that works to save netflix movies to hard disk.

Thanks again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)