jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Netflix streaming recording?

1. profile image49
    rickoswposted 6 years ago

Netflix streaming recording?

I think, since Netflix plans to bring new subscriptions for dvd rentals and Netflix streaming, I am gonna keep only my Netflix streaming subscription.

But it sucks that I am gonna be tied down to computer, so I was thinking if there would be any way for me to idk record or save Netflix streaming movies or anything like this for offline watching on some other devices besides the computer.

Is recording Netflix streaming possible in any way?

2. profile image0
    joekreydtposted 6 years ago

A lot of blue ray players and TVs have Netflix capability now. Also, you could try Apple TV, Boxee, or Roku. Those all stream Netflix to your TV. I'm sure Netflix takes precautions to prevent recording video that streams from their website.

3. profile image46
    darylsjeepposted 6 years ago

Have to agree that there are plenty of players that support Netflix streaming and that can be hooked up to the TV to watch Netflix streaming movies on it, if you don't wanna stream Netflix straight one the computer or anything like it.

Doubt it also that it would be possible for you to capture or save Netflix streaming movies to your hdd, there surely be some protection on them to prevent capturing Netflix streaming .

4. profile image48
    kennyloposted 6 years ago

I doubt it also you can capture or save Netflix streaming movies in some way, at least as far as I know.

I did try some time ago to see if I could use some video downloader add-on for firefox to capture and save Netflix streaming movies or tv episodes but unfortunately it didn't do squat.

Idk, maybe this was not the right video downloader for the job.

5. irenevie profile image52
    irenevieposted 6 years ago

So you actually managed to find anything interesting enough around that Netflix streaming library to actually make you want to be able to save Netflix streaming movies?

Good for you, I never find anything worth watching around Netflix streaming  or at least nothing that I haven't already seen, but hey that's just my opinion.

Suppose if they are planning to bring some new movies, that it would be worth finding out how to capture Netflix streaming for offline watching, but otherwise it's not interesting enough for me to find out this.

6. wilIiam profile image53
    wilIiamposted 6 years ago

Hmm easier said than done, I presume.

As far as I know there's some sort of protection on Netflix streaming movies that theoretically does not let you capture or save streaming movies from Netflix in any way.

Suppose there were some workarounds to let you save Netflix streaming but I am pretty sure those stopped working long time ago.

Ordinary video downloaders don't work anyhow to download Netflix streaming movies, just in case you were wondering that.big_smile

7. profile image49
    danmossposted 6 years ago

If you haven't stumbled upon this yet there's also the method to capture and save Netflix streaming movies mentioned round here:

http://lifehacker.com/345566/download-n … load-links

It's rather old so not sure if it still works to save Netflix streaming movies, but nonetheless suppose it's worth seeing if you can use it to capture and save Netflix streaming movies that way.

Hope this helps u.Cheers!

8. mellvineblu profile image53
    mellvinebluposted 6 years ago

A bit too complicated to use grease monkey scripts and add-ons to try to capture and save Netflix streaming movies or anything else from the Netflix streaming library, if you ask me.

I mean, as far as I recall there were some time ago also other methods to catch the Netflix streaming url and download save Netflix movies straight from there but that was long time ago.

I am quite sure this method to capture Netflix url and save Netflix streaming stopped working long time ago.

9. profile image46
    sidnelsontheoneposted 6 years ago

I think you should forget about catching Netflix streaming urls and downloading Netflix streaming movies straight from urls or anything like that, bit too complicated and there are simpler ways to capture and save Netflix streaming movies.

Best solution, if you ask me, is to screen capture and record Netflix streaming straight from the screen of computer with a powerful screen recorder program.

You can use for the job Audials Tunebite, for example. Its Netflix Recorder can record and save streaming Netflix movies fast and in good quality:

http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_str … tflix.html

It's able to convert saved Netflix videos and movies to any format you need for your devices, that has always proven useful for me, plus you can actually use Audials Tunebite to capture streaming movies and videos from a huge number of streaming sites, video on demand subscriptions and so on.

Just remember that you should do this for personal use only.

10. profile image49
    angelacatposted 6 years ago

Because mostly videos on Netflix.com are protected from downloading, therefore many online video downloading programs are in vain.

So don't hasitate to use a screen video recording program to capture Netflix videos from computer screen. Try a smart one which can record videos at excellent quality.
    http://www.streaming-video-recorder.com … o-recorder

Just choose the record area and click start to record videos off net to your computer.