jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What type of music do you like to listen to while trying to be productive?

1. Rev. Akins profile image75
    Rev. Akinsposted 5 years ago

What type of music do you like to listen to while trying to be productive?

Doing chores, at the office, or just trying to be productive, what kind of music helps you get the most out of what you are doing? Are there different genres for different tasks, or does one help you in all activities?

2. The Music Man profile image60
    The Music Manposted 5 years ago

Any music motivates me, but most of the time, when I'm trying to be productive, I'm trying to write a song! Lol. But personally, regardless of genre, music with a fast tempo should help keep you moving for tasks involving manual labor. For something like studying or paperwork, slower, "thoughtful" music helps me the best. Of course, this is personal opinion. I believe music is different for each individual, just like food, or movies.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

It depends on what I'm doing and also my mood. If I'm quite energetic I'll put some pop or rock on as this gets you going. But when I'm quieter, loud music gets on my nerves and I don't write well with rock/pop in the background. So I tend to go for either light classical or Gregorian Chants.

4. Austin Jose profile image60
    Austin Joseposted 5 years ago

Most of the time i like to hear pop and rock songs because it makes me feel more confident and will help in doing the thing that I'm trying to do. Slow melodious songs make me sad, so I'll go for the fast ones!

5. Vellur profile image90
    Vellurposted 5 years ago

My favourite would be

country western - for dreamy thought process.

Indian Classical when I feel extremely creative and I think a masterpiece (in my opinion ofcourse!!!) is on the way.

Kenny G, for all the thoughtful moments.

John Denver, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Kenny Rogers for all the flash back memories.

To pep up any fast track music.

Music for all times, anytime and every time.

6. profile image0
    mcals71posted 5 years ago

It depends. On my stationary bike I usually listen to the Beach Boys and other bouncy music that really gets me going! When I want to entertain my little grandchildren I play Mana Mana, Da Da Da and Black Eye Peas "I got feeling." When I am in a quiet mood, as in when I write, I may play Bolero, Canon or the St. Louis Jesuits songs; When I am cleaning around the house I play Tchaikovsky or Wagner because that gives me a lot of energy, and when I am at rest I play funny songs because they make me smile.

7. Paulius profile image68
    Pauliusposted 5 years ago

Sinatra kinda jazz for the light one and trance/techno for the important ones.