Are you a Fan of "The Voice?"
I am, very much so! Are you happy with this year's winner, "David Wayne Boyd?" If so, please share why. If not, who were you hoping would win?
I was hoping Matt would win, but they were all so talented this year I was not disappointed that David Wayne Boyd won. I would have been happy if any of the final four had.
I believe his name is Craig Wayne Boyd.
I like certain elements about "The Voice". They don't have a long drawn out series of bad auditions, no age maximums, and a person is accepted based upon their voice alone initially.
However I have noticed that during the "knock out rounds" coaches often select songs that are more in one singer's "wheelhouse" versus their competitor. On the bright side however they do allow coaches to "steal" singers who are very good.
I believe Blake had Craig and let him go and Gwen stole him and then she eventually let him go and Blake stole him back. Very few talent shows offers a person this many chances.
As for vocal talent I thought both Matt and Damien were the best overall singers. Nevertheless it was no surprise to see the country fans pull out a victory for Blake. All of these shows eventually go from being "talent contests" to "popularity contests".
The Voice is still looking for some sort of validity among the music industry. They have yet to produce stars on the level of Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, Fantasia, or even Clay Akien and Ruben Studdard. All the aforementioned artists have had platinum selling albums or won various music awards (Grammys, appeared on Broadway, or even won an Oscar)
What makes the voice refreshing is it's format and the camaraderie of it's judges. Maybe Craig Wayne Boyd will become it's first "breakout star". This year was their best crop of talent.
Dear Ms. Pheffer
I see this pop up that you have a question. Poor, dear, Ms. Pheffer.
You have had a less than exciting, enjoyable week. So, I’m thinking, Ms. Pheffer had done some soul searching and is reaching out to her friends, here at HP. This is a good thing. I have found people more than willing to share insight to their HP friends, and even gone so far as to give sage advice to those in need. We are a close niche, indeed.
Husband left with the dog. I am alone in the house and can give my full attention to my friend. Got myself a glass of ice tea and sat down at my keyboard. A little prayer never hurts when reaching out to meet the needs of others.
Then, I read:
“Are you a fan of The Voice….?” ‘And if so, are you happy with this year’s winner, David Wayne Boyd?’ My mind had to grind to a stop and switch gears.
Here you are, living at the North Pole, freezing your budunkas
off, tired of working for the big fat man in the red suite and contemplating your move south. You have a few dozen things
on your plate and none of them are cookies. And, you pose a question on HP; ‘are we happy with the guy who won
I think I am chocking on my own fist!
You know where to find me.
I’ll be on the sunny island of, “Are your fooken kidding me?”
This is a very vital question DJ..even though I got his name wrong. I'd appreciate your comment. Sage advice is for emails. This is stage advice.
OK. I do not watch "The Voice". I have watched it in the past.
Be advised that some of the runner up talents are signed to a contract before the final show. It would seem that they lost, but they could be sitting on a multimillion $$$$ contract.
Funny you should mention what the runner ups are sitting on....My Dad always advised my sister and I all women were. Weird....because we really couldn't sing well at all.
I liked Chris the best. His falsetto was amazing and he was such a cutie moving around up there on the stage. My guess is that he has a chance to move forward as a recording artist unlike most of the previous contestants on "The Voice." I don't care that he may have been the underdog. He has a certain something and he was very sincere.
Anyhoo....I enjoy the comraderie and competitive spirit between Blake and Adam. They're hilarious together. Gwen and Pharrell were class acts---a breath of fresh air. Anyway you look at it, The Voice is a fun, worthwhile show and I look forward to the next season!!
I'm Voice fan!
When this music competition first aired. I thought to myself is this going to be like American Idol or X-Factor but when I saw the concept of the competition, I was hooked. I thought the concept was amazing and the name was brilliant.
The Voice completely shows-off the persons ability to sing and better yet it wasn't focused too much on a persons looks like the other shows and that's why I enjoyed watching this competition.
I'm a big fan of all genre of music and when I would watched this show for some odd reason, I would always find myself rooting for the underdogs and this time I thought Chris desired to win this one. Especially, when he sang his song (In pictures) that's when I knew he'd win this competition for sure.
I like the fact that the views gets to pick the winners and not the judges.
I am a fan of The Voice! I voted for Craig to win and HE DID! Yay! His performance with Lynyrd Skynyrd was amazing! My favorite song ever is "Sweet Home Alabama" and I've never been to Alabama!
Craig is following me on Twitter...he is a humble guy and I hope he stays that way when his career in Nashville takes off.
Back to The Voice. I began watching because of Blake Shelton. I am secretly in love with him. Oops, I guess that ain't a secret any more. Then there is Adam...sweet Adam. Their bromance makes the show a hit.
Now, while I am a fan of Christina Aguilera's music, I am not a fan of her being a coach, her attitude doesn't do it for me. I really liked having Shakira and Gwen as coaches, but Christina is coming back again. Usher and Pharrell did a great job as coaches.
Back to Craig...YAY! I love when country music wins!!
Not only did I know I'd hear from you soon....I predicted your favorite. All that makes me sad is that he and his baby's Mama are not together. They'd be such a sweet couple/family. I like Gwen. Adam? OMG..I can't even Talk about him! sigh.
I agree with Linda, overall. But, I have to say that when Craig was complimented, he tapped the right side of his chest....but the heart is on the right side. This is usually a sign of "lying" or pretending. Just saying...
It's a "savvy" thing..
I love, love, love The Voice! I was glad Craig Wayne Boyd won, although I had to look up the winner the next day. I fell asleep before the winner was announced and woke up 20 minutes later!
I love his style. He's reminiscent of Lynryd Skynyrd, a band I love. He had a dream come true when he sang with them.
I love that he's a single dad who is striving towards his dream. Also love that his little boy is a 'long hair'!
I think it's awesome that Blake's 25% odds won over Adam's 75%, although he had some good contenders.
CWD sings my kind of music and is nice to look at, too. That always helps!
VERY nice to look at.....Plus, he has the cutest smile and sweet, humble sort of attitude. Grrrrrrrr! Woof woof!
I love "The Voice" both the US and Australian versions, though the US version has not been aired here this year, so you all just spoilt the winner for me..
Our judges for the last season were Joel Madden, Kylie Minogue, Ricky Martin and Will.I.Am.
Jodah...Help me out here. Australia has different judges & different contestants than the U.S. right? So how did we spoil the winner for you? Do U get to see the entire U.S. Show in Australia? I've never seen your VOICE show here!. I'm confus
Yes we usually get the Aussie Voice and the US voice later. Yes we have different contestants and judges.
by Brian 12 years ago
I have been watching American Idol off and on this year, and I think the only thing I like is that Ellen is on. But, she isn't as much fun as I hoped she would be, but she does have her moments. The rest has just been kind of boring.There isn't anyone in this group to get that excited about. I...
by Simon 10 years ago
What are the best music talent shows on tv?
by Christa Swope 8 years ago
Who is your favorite coach on The Voice?
by Shadesbreath 13 years ago
So, is the 100 hubs thing over? Did someone win?
by Chitrangada Sharan 5 years ago
What is your definition of 'LOVE'?
by qwark 12 years ago
Humankind is at the "brink" of self destruction.To 'survive" as a species it must "adapt." Adaptation is Natures prime law for imminent success.Will our genetic programming for predation overrule "reason" and perpetrate an interminable slide into extinction?Pls...
Copyright © 2022 Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HubPages® is a registered trademark of Maven Coalition, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|