- Entertainment and Media
Free Dubstep Software
Free Dubstep Software by Mixxx
For those who are searching for a free dubstep software and want to create dubstep music like Skrillex, Zeds Dead, and other popular artists, then we have what you have been searching for.
Mixxx is a free DJ mixing software where you can easily create dubstep, dance, house, electronic, and many more genres of music.
Mixxx Features and Functions
Mixxx is a free open source software which was first released in 2001. It compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux and has everything you need to start making dubstep music today.
- iTunes Integration - Want to create a remix of your favorite song? You can upload songs from iTune's library to this software.
- Midi Controller Support - With over 30 MIDI controllers, you have a wide variety to create different beats and sounds.
- Beats Per Minute Detection and Sync - Easily create tempo to your songs with sync detection.
- Cutting Edge Mixing Engine - The engine creates high quality sound. It supports many audio file such as MP3, M4A, WAVE, AAC, FLAC, and OGG.
- Yearly Updates - Many features are added every year by the community.
- Open Source Software - You can edit and add features of your own.
Creating Your First Dubstep Song
Here are the basic steps to creating your song with this software:
1. Start by downloading and installing the software.
2. Upload songs of your choice.
3. Add dubstep beats or other sounds.
4. Click "record mix".
5. Use functions such as loops, repeat, tempo lock, sync, pitch control, etc. to create different mixes.
6. Upload your song to Youtube or Soundcloud for your friends and family to hear.
This is a great software if you are new to making music. Watch the video below for an overview of the whole program.
Overview and Tutorial for Mixxx
This video gives an overview for the Mixxx software.
The Growth of Dubstep
Although dubstep music has been around for many years, it only hit the mainstream in the year 2009. This type of music can be heard in popular artists such as Britney Spears and Rhianna. With the help of social media and emerging artists, dubstep has become one of the most popular style of music today. What also helped with the growth was the fact that you don't need a band or a record studio to to produce this type of music. A DJ software and social music sites are the only thing needed for you to be heard.
So how did it all begin? Dubstep originated in England around 1988 and evolved from other styles of electronic dance music. It is a close relative to electro, experimental, and drum and bass music. The word "dubstep" was coined in 2002 by a record company and started hitting the radio waves in 2003. From there on, many DJ's started experimenting with this style of beat and started mixing it with their style of music.