- Entertainment and Media
Have a happy rainy day!
Whether you are caught outside in the rain or stuck indoors with all your day's plans ruined, there are always reasons to look on the bright side when you are faced with unwanted showers. Here are some reasons to see the silver linings to all those dark clouds and have a happy rainy day today!
Reasons you should enjoy the rain...
- Well you can breathe a sigh of relief... it's the perfect excuse to not go out for that jog you were dreading.
- There is really no need to bother styling your hair (realistically it's going to go insane the second you step outside anyway).
- Just be grateful it's not hail.
- Smalltalk with strangers will cease to be awkward, as you will have the ideal weather-based topic to ramble on about.
- What a wonderful opportunity to run out onto your street and perform 'Singing in the Rain' to all of your neighbours. They'll appreciate the entertainment.
- Raining cats and dogs and you dare not even open the front door? Well then, I guess the only option left is that box set marathon that's been waiting for you. What an ordeal.
- Working today? Even better! You can toil away content with the knowledge that no one is else is having the day off in the sun that you spend every working hour dreaming of!
- You can rest assured that any half-sane salesperson won't be doing door to door sales in your area.
- Finally, you can truly revel in being as grumpy as you like and blame it all on the weather.
- Ever wish your love life matched the cinematic grandeur of those epic Hollywood love stories? Well take the opportunity to tear out into the pouring rain and have that Notebook style kiss that you have always fantasised about.
- Dark clouds, ominous heavy rainfall and perhaps the occasional growl of thunder... you can't deny this sets the perfect scene for a scary film and even a few ghost stories told by the fireside!
- More rain means less chance of that horrific hose-pipe ban you have been threatened with this summer. That's if you care... personally I don't see the problem with a good old, sturdy watering can.
- Has the rain cast a shadow over your picnic plan? Do not fear! Indoor picnics are so much more fun and exclusive anyway. Just consider it: no flies landing in your double cream, no dogs sniffing around your cherry bakewell and no overly affectionate couples putting you right of your fondant fancies! It's a no-brainer really!
And another thing... - ... I forgot to mention how much funnier it becomes when you shut someone outside of the house.
Picture by Yuliya Libkina a>