Jaime Pressly - Photos, biography and video
- Name: Jaime Pressly
- Birth Name: Jaime Lynn Pressly
- Height: 5'5" (1.65 m)
- Nationality: American
- Birth Date: July 30, 1977
- Birth Place: Kinston, North Carolina, USA
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Profession: actress, former model
- Father: James Liston Pressly
- Mother: Brenda Sue Smith
- Son: Dezi James (born on May 11, 2007)
- Claim to fame: as Violet in Poison Ivy 3: The New Seduction (1997)
Jaime Pressly Biography
Jaime Pressly was born in Kinston, North Carolina, on July 30th, 1977, to James Liston Pressly and Brenda Sue Smith (a classical dance instructor). She grew up in North Carolina and spent 11 years studying gymnastics and dancing before entering modeling in her early teens.
By the time she was 14, she was already the spokeswoman for her modeling agency, "International Cover Model Search", and she had begun to gain recognition for her modeling in the USA, as well as in Italy and Japan.
At the age of 15, the precocious teen legally emancipated from her parents, and began to appear behind movie cameras. She made her big screen debut in the 1997 film, Poison Ivy: New Seduction; she was offered the role after appearing as Drew Barrymore's body double in the original Poison Ivy film.
After her role as a prostitute in Poison Ivy, Jaime went on to appear in such features as Can't Hardly Wait, Ringmaster (both 1998), and Poor White Trash (2000). On the small screen, she made a big impression as a promiscuous dancer in the series Jack and Jill.
In 2001 she was made the new spokesmodel for Liz Claiborne Cosmetics and its fragrance Lucky You. Pressly has posed nude for the March 1998 and February 2004 issues of Playboy and has performed with The Pussycat Dolls.
Her biggest hit to date is her current role on NBC's My Name is Earl, in which she plays a trash-talking trailer-park diva who has a way of getting Earl (star Jason Lee) in a heap of trouble. Jaime has been nominated for an Emmy for her role on the show.
"I don't want to be the Hollywood girl... I'm Southern and old-fashioned." -Jaime Pressly
Appearances in Playboy Special Editions
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 58 November 1997 , Michael Bisco, pages 56-59.
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 62 July 1998 - pages 32-33.
- Playboy's Nudes December 1998 - pages 16-17.
- Playboy's Sexy 100 February 2003.
- DOA: Dead or Alive (2006)
- Venus & Vegas (2006)
- Death to the Supermodels (2005)
- Cruel World (2005)
- The Karate Dog (2004)
- Torque (2004)
- Demon Island (2002)
- Footprints (2002)
- Not Another Teen Movie (2001)
- Ticker (2001)
- Joe Dirt (2001)
- Tomcats (2001)
- 100 Girls (2000)
- Poor White Trash (2000)
- Inferno (1999/II) Trash (1999)
- Ringmaster (1998)
- Can't Hardly Wait (1998)
- Poison Ivy: The New Seduction (1997)
- Against the Law (1997)
- The Journey: Absolution (1997)
Jaime Pressly's modeling career led her to the cover of Teen magazine and Stuff magazine. She also appeared in Playboy. Jaime was the first model to appear more than once on the cover of Stuff and was named #8 in their list of "102 Sexiest Women in the World."