- Entertainment and Media
Jersey Shore: Season 5 Preview and Facts About the Cast
Jersey Shore Season 5 Hits the Air January 5th, 2012!
If you're a true Jersey Shore fan like I am, you cannot wait for Jersey Shore Season 5 to start in the beginning of next year (January 5, 2012 at 10:00pm EST on MTV).
MTV's Jersey Shore is one of the most popular TV reality shows and with all the drama of the guido/guidette cast, it's easy to see why!
Here you will find fun facts about the Jersey Shore show and cast, plus trailers from the TV reality series including the upcoming Jersey Shore 5 season. Jersey Shore lovers can also find posters, clothing, DVD's and more in this lens.
Sneak Peak: Jersey Shore Season 5 Trailer!
Jennifer "JWoww" Farley
Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino
Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio
Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola
Nicole "Snookie" Polizzi
Facts About the Jersey Shore Cast Members
Think you know everything there is about the Jersey Shore cast members? I bet you don't...
1. Snookie was raised by her adoptive parents in Marlboro, New York. She was an aspiring veterinary technician before the show.
2. In 2004, "The Situation" worked as an exotic dancer with the All American Male crew. At 27-years-old, he is the oldest cast member of the Jersey Shore house.
3. Sammi attended William Paterson University, where she majored in Sociology and played Division III soccer. She and Deena are the only New Jersey natives in the cast.
4. Pauly D is a disc jockey from Johnston, Rhode Island. He spends around 25 minutes a day on his hair and owns his own tanning bed.
5. After finishing four years at a local university (where she studied computer programming, JWoww opened her own graphic design business called Jenni Farley Designs, Inc.
6. Vinny is a graduate of the State University of New York at New Paltz and plans to attend law school is acting doesn't work out.
7. Ronnie is from The Bronx and is of Puerto Rican and Italian American decent.
8. Deena auditioned for Season 1 of Jersey Shore and was originally turned down for a role. She is an only child and her parents own a flooring company.
Jersey Shore Season 5 Hot News!
One major event to hit the Jersey Shore team in Season 5 is the loss of Vinny. Yes, Vinny will be leaving the show and it will be an emotional departure. Be sure to watch for this episode.
Who is your absolute FAVORITE Jersey Shore character?
Jersey Shore Season 3 Trailer
- Grenade: A large, portly woman of an unsightly nature and violent disposition (often a stalker).
- Blowout: Blown out hairstyle worn by Pauly D that requires a large amount of hair gel and 30 minutes of prep time.
- Meatballs: What Deena and Snookie refer to themselves as due to their short, curvy appearance.
- Landmines: Thin, unsightly girls that are the opposite of grenades in appearance.
- Fist Pump: The default dance move for any and self-professed "guidos" which involves rhythmically pumping one's fist into the air.
- Smush (also "The Business" and "Pounding it Out": A term for intimacy that is usually the ultimate end-of-the-night goal for The Situation, Pauly D, and Vinny.
- Creepin': a borderline stalkerish method of flirtation that consists of following girls for several blocks and yelling suggestive comments until they agree to accompany you home.
- GTL: Refers to Gym (working out), Tan (tanning for color), and Laundry (doing laundry)...all the necessities for any true guido and guidette.
- Frickles: Fried pickles
- Bomb: A stubborn, principled female who cannot be seduced within the typical one-night time frame allotted by the Jersey Shore boys.
- GFA/GFF: Grenade-Free America/Grenade-Free Foundation which are charitable causes/organizations established by the male cast mates to keep the house free of unattractive females.
- Hater: One who openly disapproves of the cast mates and their life choices.
- MVP: Mike, Vinny, and Pauly...nickname self-assigned by The Situation, Vinny and Pauly D when they hit the club scene together.
- Ron-Ron Juice: Infectious concoction designed to induce intoxication and lower pretenses that was invented by Ronnie, but actually became a real cocktail in Miami following the Jersey Shore season 2 premiere.
- The Robbery: Treacherous act of stealing another cast mate's conquest midattempt.
Jersey Shore Seasons 1, 2, 3, & 4 on DVD
Jersey Shore Season 2 Trailer
Jersey Shore Season 1 Trailer
Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino
During the last season of Jersey Shore (Season 4), The Situation caused all sorts of drama for his roommates, especially Snookie, Ronny, and Sammi. He actually told the roommates he was considering leaving Italy to go back home.
Do you think that The Situation should leave the Jersey Shore group due to all his drama?
Jersey Shore Season Episodes
Click the links to watch all the Jersey Shore Season 1, 2, 3, and 4 episodes.
Jersey Shore Season 1
Jersey Shore Season 2
Jersey Shore Season 3
Jersey Shore Season 4
Jersey Shore Signed Autographed Posters
The Low Down on the Jersey Shore Cast Members Tattoos
Curious about the tattoos that the Jersey Show cast display proudly? Find out all about them by visiting...A Comprehensive Guide To The 'Jersey Shore' Cast's Tattoos